View Full Version : CTF-Avali-2k4 Released
4th Apr 2004, 01:07 PM
Noz has updated CTF-Avali-SE for UT2004. This map is quite possibly the most visually stunning map I've ever played. It really brings back memories of the first Unreal. Here's the full changelog:
Added corona's to nali fruit pickups in the caves
New lightning in the tunnels
New rock texture on the cliffs and rocks on the surface
Bot pathing tweaks
Removed more map exploits
New cubemaps for the water on the surface
New level screenshot
Some further texture tweaking
Bandages size decreased
New weapon placement and added the redeemer and classic sniperrifle
Replaced a 50 shield powerup with a 100 shield powerup
Changed foliage texture to match terrain texture better
Tweaks in waterfall ambient sound
Added an extra bsp plate to oclude the surface sounds from the caves
You can download the map here.
Mad Max RW
4th Apr 2004, 03:20 PM
Wow, great map. I'd like to see Nylev2 also converted at some point.
Why the hell hasn't anyone done a full singleplayer conversion of Unreal to this engine? Hell, I'd pay money for it. You hear that Epic!?
4th Apr 2004, 04:23 PM
I have to disagree with it being visually that stunning, though :/
4th Apr 2004, 05:31 PM
It's my favourite UT2004 map to date.
My 256 meg beast of a graphics card made this map look absolutely phenomenal.
4th Apr 2004, 06:35 PM
Why the hell hasn't anyone done a full singleplayer conversion of Unreal to this engine?
Give a look at this... The Legend of Vandora (http://www.legendofvandora.net). It's not a port of the original Unreal to the new engine, but it could still interest you :)
4th Apr 2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the newspost. Hope this map ends up on some servers.
About it being the visually most stunning map ever, i don't agree. DM-Achina is alot more purdy. It's the scale of this map that does it :).
By the way, here's the real complete changelog :P
- added corona's to nali fruit pickups in the caves
- new lightning in the tunnels
- new rock texture on the cliffs and rocks on the surface
- lots and lots of bot pathing tweaks
- removed more map exploits
- new cubemaps for the water on the surface
- new level screenshot
- some further texture tweaking
- bandages size decreased
- new weapon placement and added the redeemer and classic sniperrifle
- replaced a 50 shield powerup with a 100 shield powerup
- more foliage
- changed foliage texture to match terrain texture better
- tweaks in waterfall ambient sound
- added an extra bsp plate to oclude the surface sounds from the caves
- added an extra decolayer
- replaced tree shadows with projectors
- added some more plants in the caves
The one you posted must have been an older one :).
5th Apr 2004, 02:21 AM
Oh hey, cool, I liked this one in UT2003. It has a real "Unreal" feel to it.
5th Apr 2004, 03:22 AM
I love this map.
its definitely not the most visually stunning
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.