Laptop Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

glangdon

Apr 3, 2004
Hi,
I tried running UT (1) on a Time laptop with Athlon XP 2400+ but it wouldnt work. When UC 2k4 came out I tried that and to my surprise it worked great - a little slow but hey, it worked.

The reason for installing it really was to make maps. Unfortunately the UnrealEd 3 (the one that comes with UC 2004) does not run.

When I try running it (normal or Hi proiroty under XP home), the screen res goes from 1024x768 to a Very low res - not sure but looks less than 640x480.

I cant see an AA (Antialias?) setting on the Graphics card options, but have tried a few settings but no luck (I work in IT and Generally :lol: know what i'm doing).

The card is a ProSavage DDR with 32MB onboard (+ 256 system) and TFT laptop screen.

I wanted UT 2k4 for the editor more than the game due to new vehicles so its quite frustration. Any help apreciated.

Geoff
:G)

glangdon

Apr 3, 2004
UT map compatibility

BTW can I import maps made in unreal tournament?

Does anyone know if UT 2k4 is being converted for XBox - if it is Epic should allow uploads of maps done on the PC, but I guess thats all a long way off, sadly.

:G)