Where is FragBU™ this weekend?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
The server is up and running I was in there today messing around. I wanted to post something but didnt know if Webslinger was gonna post the server info later on.

ViperGTS

O.o
Apr 2, 2004
O.oVille
The Dopefish said:
n00b. ;) j/k don't kill me everyone! :(

FragBU is a weekly 2-3 day event usually on the weekend where everyone who visits BuF is invited to WebSlinger's server for a night of fun-filled fragging.
Wicked.

Mas

Paul Aka Mas
Dec 9, 2003
Any saturday night (im GMT) ?

I aint played Ut 2004 online yet so i will give it a go, if there is a match on :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
janiwashere said:
What do you mean with "gimped"? Do you have the "high beacon trajectory" turned on? Other than that the xloc feels exactly the same as in ut2003.
You can't throw it as far with the same trajectory, they changed it quite a bit (for effect, go back to 2003 and shoot it from the tower in Maul and then do the same in 2004.)

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
janiwashere said:
What do you mean with "gimped"? Do you have the "high beacon trajectory" turned on? Other than that the xloc feels exactly the same as in ut2003.

I've tried both trajectories.

One is too low, and the other is too high.

I noticed it in Maul last night the most. We've played Maul at almost every FragBU as far as I can remember and I never had any trouble getting my x-loc into the slot/window in the flag room, it was a natural dead on toss every time.

I couldn't hit it for beans last night and I also couldn't get thru the slot with my character as easy, it seemed like it was hanging up alot.

Maybe it was just me, but in the low trajectory the x-loc seems short, like Brizz said.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
same here they have to walk into it. The trajectory is different, though, you can tell.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars...

Speaking of the trajectory, is there any way to set a key to toggle between the two trajectory modes? That would be very useful for maps with a lot of close/open contrast.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
ggs ... best part was towards the end of one of the ons matches, some nub on the other team (;))hopped in the levi, then left it with full health at their base. I was curious when I got close to it why it didn't have a red do no enter symbol and tried to hop in and viola! the rest of the map was spent spamming their own base with their own levi :D