And the master server goes down yet one more time...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
There was an old song by a group called E.L.O. called "Dont bring me down". I nominate that as the official theme song for the XMP Master Server.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I wonder how long it will be down this time.

We all know it'll be down all weekend now. Friday, what a horrible time for it to go down. You know Atari people won't be working over the weekend to fix it.

Atari go to hell!

-Myr

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
So can anyone still tell me (and be serious about it) that XMP is so much better than everything else NOW? ;)

I was going to keep going but I figured that line was enough considering everything else that's been going on :D

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
Use the All seeing eye, i do that and i dont really mess up with IG play online thingy anymore... Last 5 or so times i've pressed it, 4 times master server has been down.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
the master server went down on me too, then it complained about rug burns on its knees after, i told it to use knee pads next time, OMF! did he just. . .! OMF!

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
rampant teamkilling, master server problems, impersonation, that kind of stuff.

Mopap

Rsegetried Uesr
Nemephosis said:
rampant teamkilling, master server problems, impersonation, that kind of stuff.

Enh. That stuff happens in every game. Personally, I've been sticking mostly to scrims, or staying on my clan's server, and haven't experienced too much of this stuff. As far as it goes, xmp is my favorite online shooter ever.

Even if q2ctf still holds a spot in my heart. :)

I used to play XMP a lot when it first came out. I'm an avid UnrealI online player, so I've mainly been still in there. I've come back, got the patches, map packs, etc. Master server has not worked once for me. The master server for the old 98' Unreal I has about an 99% uptime, XMP has like 2% lol. Stupid for such a new game. I just think Atari couldn't give a damn about XMP.

Is there a way someone else can host the master server?

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
Xaero said:
/me looks suspiciously @ air and RaptoR... werent you guys running u2xmp.com?

/me joins Xaero in looking suspiciously @ air and RaptoR

I was going to ask who was working on the site, and ask if anyone needed help getting it up and running. I like to work on websites, I just haven't finished mine b/c it's supposed to be for the business I want to start up. Keep us all posted on the site status [if anyone from XMP staff still reads this].

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Atari has a new strategy: Let the master server go down, but don't show the "master server connection failed" box.

And I'm getting an insane number of games in the list as well as 9999 ping to them all, good and bad servers that I've used. Something is really wrong. Also, I get a connection to the Legend master. 0_o I thought that didn't exist.

-Myr

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Someone's got a b0rked server connecting to the master that's messing things up...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.