Hacking tip

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
Here is a little deploy hacking trick I use, I am sure people use it too, just that I dont hear anything about it.

Some maps, the deploy is at the bottom of lets say the side of a cliff or mountain or something. And of course you dont know when the other team will spawn. So its great if you just wait casually at the top, then the other team spawns and runs off like little madmen. And they RARELY look back too. Then you swoop down, and can steal the deploy before the other team respawns again! Works great with a ranger, since he needs time to hack.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
i just stand on top of the deploy like a weathervein, and if someone looks at me i just rotate around like I'm being blown by the wind, very effective, unless they are aware there are no weatherveins in xmp. . .

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
I do that smoke gernade thing sometimes, till I realized it never works. haha

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
PETsnake said:
i just stand on top of the deploy like a weathervein, and if someone looks at me i just rotate around like I'm being blown by the wind, very effective, unless they are aware there are no weatherveins in xmp. . .

:lol: Laughed my ass off when I read that.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I love that... rangers spam smoke nades into the base, then when I kill them at the node they go WTF?!? :con: well, Einstein, the whole reason you're there is to steal my artis, so I just go stand next to the node, and yes, I can see the node when I'm standing RIGHT NEXT TO IT, and wait for you to walk right into my flaming shotgun of doom.

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Well that's a decent hack trick, but I think mine is better.

Find your
\U2XMP\SYSTEM\MyUser.ini
Open it.
Find the key you use to hack.
Swap the order of the bind:

F=Unuse | OnRelease Use

(I use F to hack)

Now when you walk up to a hackable, tap and release the key (but keep looking at the target). It will complete the hack without you needing to hold a key down.

If you are really quick you can type (team) messages while you are autohacking.

Laterz.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Demo_Boy said:
F=Unuse | OnRelease Use
F=Use
(just take out the onrelease)

And Skipr, yes I do that sometimes, but it doesn't work when a whole bunch of people redeploy, and each goes in a different direction. It's not a common team strategy, but a better one than the "stick together" way imho, so some people do that (like me).

Last edited:

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
{NoBull}Jem said:
If it's not found in your game options, then I feel that would be cheating.

Start that stuff, and where do you draw the line. ;)

I have my use key on my mouse, which also allows me to type a message while hacking. His auto hack key doesn't give any real advantage. On one occation I've even managed to kill somone with the shotgun, while still hacking :D

And in any case, the abilty to use that type of command was deliberately added to the game engine. You don't even need to edit your ini files. Just go into options->ctrls->custom. Type the part after the = in one of the blank custom controls boxes and then set which key you want to use.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
How is the bind "cheating" ?
As Naib said, it doesn't give you any particular advantage while hacking; you don't hack faster, the same amount of your personal energy gets used up, etc etc.

I mainly use this bind myself so I can still type while hacking.

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
Actually, you dont have to bind anything to autohack. It comes straight form enter key, at least for me and my friend.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Sorry If I worded it badly. I have a normaly use key on my mouse - I still have to hold the button down to hack something. That kill i got while hacking could have been done with the default key set up. I was just using it as an example that you can do other things while hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.