How to modify original code

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snoitkever

Mar 31, 2004
Netherlands
How do I modify the original UE2R scripts?
I need to add some variables to the Controller and the object class.
I have made some adjustments to the controller and ran UCC

When I compiled my new code UCC gives an error saying:

Importing Defaults for MatchInfo
Importing Defaults for ObjectPool
Importing Defaults for TestObj
The file '..\Engine\Inc\EngineClasses.h' needs to be updated. Do you want to overwrite the existing version? (Y/N): Y'..\Engine\Inc\EngineClasses.h' is marked read-only. Would you like to try to force overwriting it? (Y/N): YError exporting Class Core.Object: couldn't open file '..\Engine\Inc\EngineClasses.h'
Success - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Shutting down ucc.exe

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
They will compile but if its a native class you will have problems with serialization, unless you recompile the headers with the newly generated headers. Hence you cannot add say a hiteffect variable in the material class, as the engine will then crash each time it tries to load a texture. However if you were to apply for the headers, you should be able to recompile it and have it working nicely.

NB: You can add functions to existing native classes, as these dont effect serialization.

Edit:
Also to make it not throw that specific error either press No to outputting the .h file or create the directory ..\Engine\Inc\

Last edited: