Vito: GUIController.GetOGGList impl

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=[999.WaZoo]=-

Sep 17, 2002
Visit site
I was trying to implement the OGG player in URuntime - no fancy GUI stuff, simple playlist gui, but when it came down to populating the list with ogg filenames from the "/music" directory I've found that I'm in trouble. I remember that in ut2k3 I used the GUIController.GetOGGList(out ...) to get a list of files from the music directory, that was a native method from the XInterface.dll, but in URuntime (in GUI.dll) this function is missing. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to traverse the URuntime's subfolder (music or any other) in runtime and generate the list of fnames which I can later use?

And another question: I was comparing the native methods present in most of the dlls in URuntime and UT2k3 and found quite a lot of missing ones - that is missing from both .u libs and native impls. Was there a reason for this and will be the URuntime updated in the future to bring it closer to the current Unreal engine build?

Huge thanks,
-=[999.Wazoo]=-

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Remember that the Runtime is the "real" Unreal engine. If you're used to working with something in UT2003/4 that's not in the Runtime, that's because it was added to UT2003/4, not that it was removed from the Runtime.

So, in that sense, unless these things are ported from UT2003/4 to the Runtime, they probably won't make it back in.

If there are specific things you'd like to see make it into the next version of the Runtime, feel free to email me at udn@epicgames.com. Please be very specific with the functions or classes, and you'll have to also include something you can't do right now because of that.