Triple Color Buffering and UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I have a V2 SLI setup and am wondering - does the triple color buffering option in glide degrade image quality? Cuz it said that it improves performance...but I haven't noticed any difference in image quality. BTW in Tribes it causes certain 2d images to flicker.

Quitch

I think the catch is that some games aren't compatible with this mode, it has no effect on visual quality........or shouldn't have.

bullet2.gif

Quitch
"Howdy doodie little kitty, the baaaad man is here"

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
I right-clicked on it and read the instructions. It makes a HUGE difference in Quake2. Without it checked, fps at 1024x768 on a Cel433 V2-SLI was 43fps. Enabling Triple-coluring buffering got 69fps!!! A 60% improvement!!!

However, in Unreal and UT, it didn't seem to make much of a difference. In UT's flyby demo, I get about 35fps taken at the time the screen pauses (just before a new loop) with the "Unreal Tournament" logo.