Nvidia 53.03 and up drivers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Why does my game work weird with Nvidia drivers 53.03 and up? ... Its just choppy. Its like a split second is missing from the video rendering, and its always constant. Its always the same, its not just random choppyness.

Now, Im running drivers 56.64 and same thing... These are the newest drivers. I also tried this on 2 video cards. Both new of course. A Geforce TI4600 8x and a Geforce 5900. Using latest DirectX 9.

All other older and newer games work fine, including Unreal 1. why does UT have problems?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I've no idea but it would seem that updates in DirectX and in the Nvidia drivers are messing with something inside UT. I get the impression that one day M$ will break downwards compatibility with Directx. The day they do that, I will grieve for the many cool directx games that came out previous to DirectX 6.1 ;/ .

See, I wouldn`t mind them breaking off compatibility -

DirectX 10 could throw all the backwards compatibility out the door and they could make it utilize the best features in today`s technology.

Of course, instead of doing this intelligently... Like, say, allowing you to keep DX9 on your PC for all the older stuff, M$ will no doubt do something more like this:

"Would you like to install DX10?"
"Yes" - Congrats, you may no longer utilize any programs that use DX9 or below.
"No" - Looks like you can`t play today`s latest games.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
At least M$ hasn't done anything stupid like that yet.
Key word is "yet," though. :D
Programs written for DX3 (like Diablo) still work perfectly fine, but I'm sure eventually M$ will somehow break it.

Hmm...how many versions of DirectX were there?
I think we've had 2, 3, 5, 6.1, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 9.1 (not counting the "lettered" ones).

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Are you using the enhanced third party opengl renderer ? If so, turn Vsync on for OpenGL.

j@ru

Apr 3, 2004
Juguard said:
Why does my game work weird with Nvidia drivers 53.03 and up? ... Its just choppy. Its like a split second is missing from the video rendering, and its always constant. Its always the same, its not just random choppyness.

Now, Im running drivers 56.64 and same thing... These are the newest drivers. I also tried this on 2 video cards. Both new of course. A Geforce TI4600 8x and a Geforce 5900. Using latest DirectX 9.

All other older and newer games work fine, including Unreal 1. why does UT have problems?

Yo Juguard i have the same problems and would like to ask you if you have solved the problems if so plz let me know

Mere-Mortal

Feb 20, 2004
Heeeey...is this what my problem is? My computer don't need no Lynx, it just needs rid of XP, doesn't it? My brother's got it right...he's got Linux. Nvidia seems okay...it's just that Bill Gates. "I know, I'll make an OS (now known as XP) that disagrees with every possible compatibility, so as people will want to buy the next invented OS". Is any else sick of XP?

My Problem...
Fearless...puhleeaaze help me! :Mad:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I'm using the newest forceware drivers on a Geforce 4 ti4200...

I re-installed original UT last week to lan some rocket arena with my buddy. Didn't have one problem...

Maybe it's cuz of the 8x? Try dropping it down to 4x when you play and see if that makes it run smooth...