PDA

View Full Version : UT2003Skins Work in UT2004

]|M|[_-Seven-_]
28th Mar 2004, 10:18 AM
Hello all skinners and peepz. :stick:
I just wanted u all too kno, that if u ever created a ut2003 skin with upaint.
Now u can use it in ut2004 too. :morety:
It works for all the models created for ut2003.
Any questions as too how to get them in just ask. :D
:cake:

SaD
28th Mar 2004, 11:29 AM
|M|[_-Seven-_]']Hello all skinners and peepz. :stick:

Thanx for the information :)

]|M|[_-Seven-_]
28th Mar 2004, 12:16 PM
Thanx for the information :)
You are welcome Sad. ;)
Here is the Proof!

klasnic
29th Mar 2004, 10:12 AM
Just for info... I haven't tried my Blood, Diesel or Rogue skins in 2k4 but they may not work as they're using effects in the 2k3 texture packages. I'll have to test them :) The umod installers I uploaded them with, however, will not work unless 2k3 in installed on the same machine and even then I'm not sure. The umod coding has changed and old umods generally won't work to the best of my knowledge :) Hope this saves anyone any hassle!

SaD
29th Mar 2004, 11:13 AM
The umod installers I uploaded them with, however, will not work unless 2k3 in installed on the same machine and even then I'm not sure. !

You can extract them with the Umod-Browser .

klasnic
29th Mar 2004, 11:17 AM
oh thanks. I've never used it but i'll have the info now for anyone that asks :thumbsup: SaD

]|M|[_-Seven-_]
29th Mar 2004, 03:55 PM
the old ut2003 textures is in Ut2004. Hence why U can join ut2003 games but they cant join ut2004 games:-)

CyberSirius
8th Apr 2004, 07:39 PM
You can even do the reverse from UT2004 to UT2003.
I tested with the MaryGold Model which i used a simple file name conversion.
Bugs:You can see some "holes" in the place where the legs rejoin the butt :lol:

klasnic
9th Apr 2004, 02:00 AM
Bugs:You can see some "holes" in the place where the legs rejoin the butt :lol:

:lol: Nice to know hehe

Rincewiend
9th Apr 2004, 04:06 AM
Well, it's logical that the custom skins for the regular models would work...
The custom models that use the UT anims should also work since they would be using the new UT anims from 2k4...

shadow_dragon
11th Apr 2004, 02:09 PM
But SOME custom models have custom animations be warned, so they dont' have the all important! "Sitting" pose for vehicles!

That's why i'm still using those old "Marvel" skins still! :D I archive my stuff! :D

SaD
11th Apr 2004, 05:00 PM
That's why i'm still using those old "Marvel" skins still! :D I archive my stuff! :D

--Off Topic--
Me , too :D .

3.9 GB of Skinning and Modelling goodness.

--Off Topic--

gnoam
15th Apr 2004, 02:21 AM
I've got a question about this, if you download files made for 2k3 and they are in utx/upl/ukx whatever format then you can just put them into your ut2k4 folder and they work. However if they are a ut2mod is there some way to unpack those with 2004?

klasnic
15th Apr 2004, 04:12 AM
Sure is if you goto http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UMOD/Problems that'll tell you basically you just need to add a couple of lines to your UT2004.ini file (if I remember right - a section for UT2003). You'll see it on the site anyway. Or you could always email the author and ask for a non-umod or updated version :)

CheapAlert
15th Apr 2004, 09:40 AM
How 'bout teh demo? I appear as othello in that. I'm getting rather jealous to see stuff working in that and I'm not getting ut2k4, farcry or anything else till I get a new HD (i can't even install much of my current games, recycling sucks) :O

SaD
15th Apr 2004, 10:03 AM
However if they are a ut2mod is there some way to unpack those with 2004?

You can use the Umod-Browser.It extracts umodīs and you can copy the files (.int or .upl , .utx ) to the proper directories.

The Umod-Browser is here (http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/skincity/tools/umod_browser_1.3.exe)

Xada-Hgla
15th Apr 2004, 12:05 PM
|M|[_-Seven-_]']Hello all skinners and peepz. :stick:
It works for all the models created for ut2003.
Any questions as too how to get them in just ask. :D
:cake:

I guess I just now saw this thread. Anyway, just a clarification: Yes, UT2003 skins will work with UT2004, they just don't work very well. For starters, don't expect to use them in Single Player mode (If you haven't tried already), because it'll cause your game to crash... :(

Slaughter
16th Apr 2004, 11:06 AM
My UT works fine with my custom skins o.O

Xada-Hgla
16th Apr 2004, 02:39 PM
My UT works fine with my custom skins o.O

But have you used them in Single Player mode? Whenever I get to the "Drafting Screen" (The one that allows you to pick your potential teammates), my copy of UT2004 always hangs... :rant:

Slaughter
17th Apr 2004, 08:39 AM
That was what I was talking about...
Did you put all the infos in the .upl file? (agressivness, agility etc)

Xada-Hgla
24th May 2004, 11:04 PM
That was what I was talking about...
Did you put all the infos in the .upl file? (agressivness, agility etc)

I guess I participated in this thread was when I was first coming to the forums, and somehow I've seemed to overlook this one... :( Anyway, yeah. Basically, I had to fool around with the UPL file, but I've finally gotten some of them to work in Single Player! \o/ (I still can't get all of them to work though, even though the only thing I changed in their UPL were the stats... :hmm: ) The skins in question that work now are MouseV2, RedWhore, & Akane/Akari