PDA

View Full Version : New ons vehicle model in progress but...

Thewiruz
28th Mar 2004, 05:55 AM
Hello im going to model a new type of hovercraft (Skarj) Also a new Tank .concept scetch is done and i have begin modeling one of the vehicles,But now a few questions first before i put more time in it!

1.What more do i need to do besides the modeling ?Im a Animation rockie,Do i need a script for it also?

2.As i said animation isnt my best thing with 3D ,so is there an animation tutorial for UT somewhere?i guess not?

Thanks/Robert

Major-Lee-High
30th Mar 2004, 06:27 PM
If you got the SE version you can watch the vtms although they are in maya.

You will need to be able to script but if you make good vehicles you can prolly find someone to do it for ya :P

You dont need to animate them but you will need to make bones and attach parts to them correctly, like wheels etc. Any guns or seperate parts need bones and the vehicle will need bones for them to attach too. The scripting will do all the attaching and deciding what part to move how much when etc although i havent gotten that far yet :( Still working on skinning my first one and going to get it boned up next.

Thewiruz
31st Mar 2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks alot for the information!!!Maybe i can get some help later then :) ,Do you know where i can find some info about how this works? I mean how i set up the bones with vehicles?Thanks!!!!!

Kahoona
31st Mar 2004, 02:49 PM
It's going to be one big boner. :P