A few Q's bout 2003 & 2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Akurei14

The Real Postal Dude
Mar 20, 2004
Bondsville, Mass
Okay here they are:
1. Can you take the UT2003 maps and simply plop them into 2004?
2. Now that 2004 is installed can I uninstall 2003
3. If first question is a no, then how can I since I have alot of UT2003 maps I want in 2004.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
1. I think you just open in the new UED, rebuild, and save. Don't quote me on that though.
2. I uninstalled 2003 long ago :p
3. If you are still not sure, consider grabbing all the textures, music, etc that goes with your maps, .rar'ing it up, and preparing for the proper instructions and crap.

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
You can just put the maps in 2004 and it will do an on the fly conversion, however you may end up with some errors, such as missing textures and static meshes (even if you have correctly installed any custom textures/meshes) and holes in the map. The more reliable method is stated above, open the map you want to use in UED, click rebuild all and save.