Help! UT2K4 DVD version......installs but then DVD player doesnt recognise DVD's!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bridgeburner

Mar 26, 2004
OK, just got a copy of UT2k4, been lookin forward to this for ages.

It installed fine, but when I try to play it tells me to put in the correct DVD into the drive. So, I rebooted, then put the DVD back in the drive. It sits there and spins for about a minute, then nothing. Check windows explorer and it doesnt show a disc in the drive, comes up with the device not ready error. Its only ever played once, and when it did it was running well, but now wont play at all :(

Anyone had this problem? am I gonna have to ditch it and go back to CD??

My system spec is:

AMD Athlon XP1800
640mb DDR
MSI / Nvidia FX5200 128mb AGP graphics
LG DVD drive (doesnt have its own drivers, runs on the windows '98 ones)

Any help appreciated

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, its the crappy SecureROM software they are using.

Try:

1) Updating your DVD drive firmware.
2) If all else fails, when you insert the DVD, hold down your left SHIFT button. This will keep autoplay from trying to kick in. Then navigate to the exe from windows explorer, or try the desktop shortcut.

Bridgeburner

Mar 26, 2004
well got it sorted, its a stuffed .exe file, had to use a no DVD hacked .exe to do it! The so called fixed .exe that is available doesnt work, typical. But after that the game play is flawless, and I love the vehicles, should heva been done in UT2k3! BB is almost in my area too, so expect to see me on some of the online servers in the next couple of months!