modeling a tree,plant or grass?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thewiruz

Jun 10, 2001
Stockholm
thewiruz.blogg.se
Hello is there any tutorial on how i crate a plant in Max for Unreal? I know how to model but im not quite sure how i do everything,i have a testure of the grass and i belive i have to make a Alpha channel so the backround doesnt show up right? But do i make a plane object to the grass,Leaves?with 4 vertices? or do i need to have more verices then 4?I guess if i have to bend them i need atleas 6 vertices.Anyway i need an explination of the steps and if there is any 3ds max vs Ued 3 specific tutorials out there i really would like to see them :/,I need to know becuse im planing to make some meshes myself ,like Plants,trees and other stuff

Kyouryuu

*roar!*
Dec 17, 2003
Kirkland, Washington
kyouryuu.furvect.com
I think ideally you don't want to render every individual leaf. Take CTF-MoonDragon's trees for example. What they did is have the basic tree trunk and branches, but had several large planes upon which they placed an alpha texture of leaves. In a perfect world where we all had supercomputers, we could feasibly render every individual leaf on a tree. But, it's just prohibitively expensive to do that, so you need to use a workaround similar to the trees in CTF-MoonDragon.