PDA

View Full Version : No Ambient Sounds for Weapons in 2k3?

SamMaster
25th Mar 2004, 10:41 AM
Weird stuff. I import in my class this:

#exec AUDIO IMPORT FILE="E:\UT2003\RPSR\sounds\hum.wav" NAME="RPSRhum"

Then I put this in default properties:

AmbientSound=sound'RPSR.RPSRhum'
SoundRadius=100
Soundvolume=128

Andall I get is a whole lot of nothing. I even tried with an existing native sound, but no go. I even reset the AmbientSound to what it should be in Pickup(). I summon PlaySound but no go. What's wrong here?

soldat
25th Mar 2004, 12:22 PM
ambientsounds on weapons are really annoying. or you can't hear them. either way, they're 5 parts worthless and 0.5 parts cool.

but if you really want to, set the Pawn's ambient sound. so on bringup have the sound, and on putdown clear it. or on dropped. and things like that.

Postal
25th Mar 2004, 06:12 PM
Do you want only the owner to hear it, or everyone around them?

Either set the pawns abient sound, or perhaps try the weapon atachment

SamMaster
25th Mar 2004, 09:09 PM
I might have something in mind that could work.

And I wand the sound because there is a constant "hum" due to the way the weapon works, which is using a lot of strong electro-magnetic containment methods and such.

SamMaster
25th Mar 2004, 09:12 PM
and soldat I even did sounds in bringtup and such. No go.

Postal
25th Mar 2004, 10:12 PM
Perhaps you cant hear the sound in game. Some sounds sound awsome in a media player, but sound terrible in game. try importing it in Ued, then playing the sound in Ued, perhaps its too quite or something.

soldat
26th Mar 2004, 12:37 AM
yeah, what postal said, try with unrealed. unreal doesn't (flat out) play stereo sounds. and different frequencies are bad too. best is 44khz mono.

if that works in unrealed, try:

AmbientSound=sound'RPSRhum'

and things like that. you may have just made a minor mistake. (i would use local paths in the exec as well, but i don't think that matters)

SamMaster
26th Mar 2004, 08:32 AM
It works on the xEmitter I attached to the bone inside the chamber in my weapon, but not in my weapon itself. And I can still modify the volume while I charge, so its all good.