Other unlockables besides the characters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
From #c3 on irc.enterthegame.com

[14:58] <Zip_Jr> If you can't wait to unlock all the team symbols by playing through the single player tournament mode, then just look in the ut2004 /system folder for two files, TeamSymbols_UT2003.int and TeamSymbols_UT2004.int and open them in something like notepad, because they are only text files. You'll notice that some have "SP" next to them, meaning they are unlocked through the single player mode, so just take out those so they are just "" and sav

There are also ways to make your own team symbol and use them. I woulda thought that the clans woulda used this feature but it never happened. Too much of a hastle I guess.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
cool.making a symbol for your clan to use in-game would be tight.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Theres the extra load screen you can unlock by going into your user.ini and look for these lines

[GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading]
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen1
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen4

Change the one in bold so it has a 3 at the end instead of a 2. Now you have a spiffy xan load screen. Not sure why they cut this out, unless its something that you unlock through single player.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
toilet: it'd be my guess that the line above it is the exact same, and is pre-empting the third one. you have a 2, 2 and then 4 there. That would be why: the game sees two screens named 2, and loads only the first one.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
EvilDrWong said:
adding this to your User.ini enables the toilet car as a selectable vehicle for the Vehicle Arena mutator.

[GUI2k4.UT2k4SP_Main]
bEnableTC=True
and all vehicle arena already makes it selectable......

Deposition

Mar 31, 2004
if u didnt know how to get the unlockable skins here is how:

in the user.ini folder (thats in your system folder) toward the bottom there is a line that says

TotalUnlockedCharacters=

change that to

TotalUnlockedCharacters=Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan

*make sure you capitalized where its capitalized or it will not work

Last edited:

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
welcome to BuF Deposition! but were trying to find out how to unlock stuff without editing files, though it looks like this does not work..

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
captainrad said:
welcome to BuF Deposition! but were trying to find out how to unlock stuff without editing files, though it looks like this does not work..

I just played through the tournament on skilled (hmm, i thought there was an ons finals ladder after the standard modes but i guess not) and nothing got unlocked. did I do something wrong??? (maybe i shouldnt have typed "killall bot" while playaing the tournament final ;) [but i restarted the match after i typed that, i didnt actually intend to cheat :D ])

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I accidentally hit my [Insert] key, which is bound to addbots 1, during a Single Player match, I hope it didn't count as cheating or otherwise affect the unlocking possibility.

soul seeker

ruler of the unknown universe
Feb 7, 2004
NSW, Australia
from what i've seen in the forums it seems that the SP is buggered at the moment and that the bit which adds your name to the high score list and unlocks everything doesn't work. so the only way to get them is by ini editing.

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
soul seeker said:
from what i've seen in the forums it seems that the SP is buggered at the moment and that the bit which adds your name to the high score list and unlocks everything doesn't work. so the only way to get them is by ini editing.
hopefully this is not so..

efiloN

Mar 19, 2004
Hope they will include a fix for unlocking single player in the first patch.
Don't want to cheat :/

Deposition

Mar 31, 2004
I've beaten the games without cheats and i didnt get any skins... btw im pretty sure you have to type "enablecheats" in the console b4 you can cheat, but if u wanna check go to your "saves" folder and change you profile to a .txt and if it says somewhere in there "bcheater" than it thinks you have cheated