PDA

View Full Version : New Warhammer 40K skins

kingb33
24th Mar 2004, 03:14 PM
I've created some new skins for the model! The SpaceWolves and The Legion of the Damned Chapters. I can't email them to the site because the file is to big. I'll have to figure out a way....Can someone convert the BloodAngel model? Convert it for UT2K4. I submitted screenies at least to the site admin... :rolleyes:

arcath
24th Mar 2004, 04:13 PM
What no Dark Angels? =)

I would love to see them.

_MAGGOT_
24th Mar 2004, 07:37 PM
why dont ya post some screenies? I wanna see the Legion of the Damned, they where the whole reason i got into Warhammer. (even tho i own a Black Templar army :S )

MAGGOT

kingb33
24th Mar 2004, 08:49 PM
why dont ya post some screenies? I wanna see the Legion of the Damned, they where the whole reason i got into Warhammer. (even tho i own a Black Templar army :S )

MAGGOT

how do i insert images into my message? they are on my desktop? :(
when i click on insert image i get some kind of pop up box that asks for a http:// address...??

arcath
25th Mar 2004, 07:17 AM
email the pictures to me, and ill host them and then post them up in this fourm.

but im in japan right now. 9pm Thursday my time, is only 6am Thursday CST.

ill check my mail when i get up and go from there.

night =)

SaD
25th Mar 2004, 12:24 PM
Pics are attached .

About attaching Pics .You can use the additional options below the textbox.

There is a button -->Manage Attachments .Is the better way for big images.

Or Above the textbox --> Insert Image . You must host the pic on your webpage .

arcath
25th Mar 2004, 03:32 PM
dude, those are nice......now release them to the public =)

now we just gotta fix the blood angel karma file -=/

arcath
26th Mar 2004, 03:22 AM
i found the org author of the blood angel model and have posted the problems concerning it in their forum, i HIGHLY sugest you check this mod out.

it will be awesome!!!

http://www.ut40k.com/

and my message is at....
http://s90013492.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1019#1019

Luggage
26th Mar 2004, 06:32 AM
Looks good, but I feel like the Space Wolves skin is too blue... Imo they've always been more whiteish, with only a slight hue of blue :)

mindcry
26th Mar 2004, 07:37 AM
nice! currently we have a much newer and improved space marine and terminator in the works (models done), and scouts and (lots of) tanks oh my ;) but they still need skins and animation etc before they can be released.

and hopefully the mod reaches beta soon, but its been a one coder show, which is a bit slower than you'd really want for something this scale.

anyways, we're not dead, and glad to see other people are digging 40k as well.
oh yeah, this is the coder/project leader for ut40k (www.ut40k.com) if you were wondering.. and if the forums look a little dead its cause you cant see the hidden dev team forums...

have fun, and keep killing the rabid wombats... or don't... your call really...

kingb33
26th Mar 2004, 12:51 PM
Looks good, but I feel like the Space Wolves skin is too blue... Imo they've always been more whiteish, with only a slight hue of blue :)

yeah a little too blue...i thought that as well..haven't got around to desaturating the color so it's more grey. Added a paw to the kneecap as well. have it upside down though..need to fix it.. ;) added some other variants also so there are diff. types of skins..i also adjusted the blood angels color that it's more red. was way to pinkish for me..

i wish someone would convert the model to UT2K4...or email me a karma file for it that won't crash the game...the karma file that comes with the model will crash UT2K4......if you delete it you will be fine....BUT you will lose all death animations...

will probably end up making some other chapters as well..hopefully also someone will convert or create a full blown bot manager for UT2K4 so we can create our own bot marine chapters and save them...then we could name the bots and adjust settings etc etc ;)

sorry im teasing ppl w/ the screens but i only have hotmail at this time and the file is to large to email, its like 10MB.... :mad: I can email it from work on monday. (I'm on vacation and was screwing around and made these skins)

some other screens are attached

_MAGGOT_
26th Mar 2004, 03:52 PM
what about Black Templars? :)

Have you tried breaking up the file? (or are these all in one skin?) also, try rar-ing it in winrar.

MAGGOT

_MAGGOT_
26th Mar 2004, 04:01 PM
Since there are no shots of the 3rd marine revision, i have some suuggestions.

-Smaller exhaust 'balls' on the backpack
-thicker legs
-Re-do the animation on the legs so that they don't stretch like in the most recent downloadable version
-fix up the textures a bit, look a little washed out on the released version.
-Also, it appears that you have layered template files for doing new skins.. do these have all the neccessary shading and chest eagles on them, while still having the actual paint on it's own layer? Labels to know what everything on the temps is? will they be availalbe for all the stuff?
-O and one more thing - MORE PICS PLEASE :)

@arcath - could you make a post in your origional post at their forums of my suggestions just so they see them? It doesn't seem like they check here often, I just want this to be as accurate as possible :D

MAGGOT

mindcry
26th Mar 2004, 06:00 PM
the model is actually already done, I think its much improved, a lot of work went into the flesh and blood head especially.... we kinda agreed that the texture could have used more work too, and the skin/animations things should be fixed, once we get around to those.

and if anyone is interested in doing skins or animations (or code), we're always looking for more talented people ;)

oh yeah, we'll be putting more pics and stuff up on our forums and main site soon since we've gotten yet another wave of interest from outside :)

kingb33
26th Mar 2004, 06:51 PM
what about Black Templars? :)

Have you tried breaking up the file? (or are these all in one skin?) also, try rar-ing it in winrar.

MAGGOT

Black Templars is next.....

_MAGGOT_
26th Mar 2004, 08:11 PM
@mindcry - I could do some skins for ya, you just need to walk me through getting the skin ingame (I'm good with photoshop and paintshop pro, but I have NO idea how to get skins into the game).

Will there be any special characters? (Emperor's Champion and the like?)

@kingb33 - Yay!

MAGGOT

mindcry
26th Mar 2004, 09:11 PM
@ kingb33 since you seem to have missed/ignored my posts, do you think you might be interested in skinning our updated/improved space marine or our terminators etc :)?

@maggot, sure, importing the texture once its done is really easy... in fact, all you do is go into unrealed and go to file->import then type the name of the package you want to make and the name the texture should have inside it. Then you can sit there and apply it to the model (in its own package, go the the animation tab, and find the skins[0] property, select your texture in your package, and click use in the skin[0] property) and see what'll actually look like in game.

its sounds a little intensive, but once you do it a couple times, it only takes about 10 seconds...

and we will have characters like captains and chaplains, but they'll be done by using attachments on the main space marine as needed.

_MAGGOT_
26th Mar 2004, 09:33 PM
can't wait for the mod guys :) It WILL be ut2004 compatable right? (if not i can re-install ut2003, no biggie :) )

MAGGOT

kingb33
26th Mar 2004, 10:21 PM
@ kingb33 since you seem to have missed/ignored my posts, do you think you might be interested in skinning our updated/improved space marine or our terminators etc :)?

@maggot, sure, importing the texture once its done is really easy... in fact, all you do is go into unrealed and go to file->import then type the name of the package you want to make and the name the texture should have inside it. Then you can sit there and apply it to the model (in its own package, go the the animation tab, and find the skins[0] property, select your texture in your package, and click use in the skin[0] property) and see what'll actually look like in game.

its sounds a little intensive, but once you do it a couple times, it only takes about 10 seconds...

and we will have characters like captains and chaplains, but they'll be done by using attachments on the main space marine as needed.

maybe bro...dpeends on my schedule..i was able to do these because i've been on vacation because my 3yr old is on spring break from school.....terminators would be frickin cool though....hopefully u can use the skins i'm making now for the updated model regular model? when u guys going to release the new model? :D Can you make a special spacewolf model with the little wolf tail on the top of the helmet :) .....i'll let u know if i can skin next week..depends....but the mod sounds AWESOME.

Black Templar is FINISHED ;) AND I fixed all the Spacewolves Skins....Now they are broken up into the factions to be more precise. Long Fangs, Grey Slayers, Grey Hunters....BTW I dont know how to get skins in the game either....I just keep adding to the original BloodAngel mini pak .utx file and udjusting the .upl to match :)

kingb33
26th Mar 2004, 11:27 PM
Selection Cards Goodness :D

arcath
27th Mar 2004, 12:23 AM
omg....i love you. please get these uploaded somewhere......

mindcry
27th Mar 2004, 12:55 AM
cool king ;) and no the current skins would need a bit of modifying, the backpack is no longer part of the space marine model, it and the assualt pack are seperate pieces that get attached... minor updates all over too, but we will have full uv maps and hopefully psd templates like with the rev2 sometime soon.

oh and you want us to host your new skins and post about them in the meantime? I'd need your psd/bmp/tga or whatever (non lossy format)... i could probably even throw in a quick mutator to let you select your skin.. or something...

kingb33
28th Mar 2004, 01:07 PM
What no Dark Angels? =)

I would love to see them.

Dark Angels.

arcath
28th Mar 2004, 03:52 PM
have you figured out a way to include those skins with the blood angel? or do they still replace it

mindcry
28th Mar 2004, 05:15 PM
if you send me a copy of the new skins, i'll do the work so you can use them all and host them...

kingb33
28th Mar 2004, 09:28 PM
if you send me a copy of the new skins, i'll do the work so you can use them all and host them...

will do when i have time. busy w/ family tuff

mindcry
30th Mar 2004, 08:38 PM
rev 3 space marine model is now done with uv map, now being templated ;)

kingb33
31st Mar 2004, 02:09 AM

sounds awesome bro cant wait :D

having some family issues (wife) and am unable to get anyhting going with skins :(

kingb33
4th Apr 2004, 04:34 PM

When do you think you will release the new SpaceMarine Model? I'd like to see how different it will be to skin than the original. Would love to that Bolt Gun.

Also, have you ever considered adding horns, and a slightly modified backpack/jet so we could have Chaos Spacemarines as well? The most visual difference between regular space marines and chaos space marines is the horns and the backpacks.....that would be sweeeet. :D

mindcry
5th Apr 2004, 05:15 AM
its already completed and uv mapped, if you wish to skin it its available, but you need to go to www.ut40k.com (then go to forums and register) so i can put you on the team/give you access to the hidden dev boards and the ftp...

bolter, bolt pistol, flamer, meltagun, and lascannon are already done and working ;) but its still a while yet before a public release.

kingb33
6th Apr 2004, 01:54 AM
its already completed and uv mapped, if you wish to skin it its available, but you need to go to www.ut40k.com (then go to forums and register) so i can put you on the team/give you access to the hidden dev boards and the ftp...

bolter, bolt pistol, flamer, meltagun, and lascannon are already done and working ;) but its still a while yet before a public release.

"k" hopefully this week sometime I can get to that. I have a very demanding career and 2 young-in's so..... :D

Some new pics of my Ultramarine Captain BETA I never showed anyone. Did it awhile back.

mindcry
6th Apr 2004, 10:16 AM
definately some nice work. just post in our forum somewhere saying who you are etc and we'll get you set up.

]|M|[_-Seven-_]
6th Apr 2004, 09:43 PM
Looks sweet, u should get in on the Skincity [CBP]:-)

SaD
7th Apr 2004, 10:48 AM
|M|[_-Seven-_]']Looks sweet, u should get in on the Skincity [CBP]:-)

Nice idea :)