Guns vs. Doctors....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Guns vs. Doctors

A Thought Provoking Statistic

Think about this:
A. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
B. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.
C. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

(US Dept. of Health &Human Services)

Then think about this:
A. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
B. The number of accidental gun deaths per year is 1,500.
C. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner 0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on
lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical
attention.

Hope you have a nice day

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Those statistics may be true, but like all statistics they are also irrelevant.
(Quote from a well-known game)

You fail to mention the non-accidental deaths caused by each, and the lives saved by each.

As a public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.
:lol:

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
I don't remeber the exact numbers but it's something like this in Europe:

+/- 25% of car accidents (I think even fatal car accidents) are alcool related. Given these numbers I conclude 75% of fatal car accidents are related to water drinkers.

We should ban water... :rolleyes:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Did you volunteered for your brainwash or was it forced on you?
Doctors save lifes, guns kill people not the other way around
You're the one who's brainwashed here. :rolleyes:

For every crime committed with a gun in the US, there are 3 self defensive uses of guns.

Guns save more lives then they take ... in addition a large number of the lives taken by the use of guns are the "bad guys"

But Doctors and guns are pretty much the same ... when used properly they save lives ... when defective or used improperly they can cause death.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Think about this thought provoking statement:
A) The percentage of posts made by you that cause trisomic babies to look like nobel prize winning physicists is 100%.
B) There is no B.

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
No, he's not kidding. He means that a good number of crimes in progress are stopped by threat of lethal force (guns).

He's not saying you should shoot people for stealing apples.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
It's not very specific in what it means by 'accidental'. If that included deaths that physicians couldn't do anything about, then it seems reasonable. If it's death due to a mistake or negligence by a physician, it seems very far-fetched.

Lolo Konijn

Huppel huppel
Jul 30, 2000
The Netherlands
bla bla vs nuclear weapons

A. The number of nuclear weapons in the world is +/- 35,000 (12,000 american)
B. The number of accidental deaths per year is 0 (1700 non-accidental (103.000 in 60 years) )
C. The number of accidental deaths per nuke 0 (0,04857 non-accidental 0,142 when only counting the american ones)

Statistically, Guns are approximately infinite times more dangerous than nukes.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A NUKE, BUT ALMOST 10% OF THE AMERICANS HAS AT LEAST ONE GUN.

:)

Last edited:

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
So..What if you know a doctor, who is a NRA member, and owns a machine gun? (M1919 Browning)

Would this be a stacking of statistics? Should I be pulling the firing pin from his Browning ?

Or should I just be amazed at how long this post has lasted?

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Not sure where Zundy got his stats but the US Dept. of Justice reports about 1.5 million defensive gun uses a year, whereas the reported rate of firearm homicides is about 16 thousand. it comes out to nearly 1:100 ratios of DGU to homicides