[WoRM2k4] WoRMs... a whole can of them.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
WoRM for UT2004 is being split up into seperate smaller mutators, to be friendlier on the 2k4 mutator config menu.
One would ask: "Kangus, why don't you make a button to open a window to have the traditional tabbed WoRM, thus handling all the options at once?"
Well, the simple answer is "I'm lazy." The complex answer is that it allows me to get WoRM out the door faster if I use the simple way, and keeping the mutators seperate increases compatability with other mutators.
And besides.... it allows me to give the bunch a cool new name, like "Can of WoRMs"

Currently planned annelids to be in the can:
--Weapon Switcher: the original mutator that launched a thousand mouse clicks.
--Powerup Switcher: like teh name says.
--Extra Gear: this handles the additional starting weapons option I added in 2k3
--Arena Plus: like 2k4's Arena mute, only its translocator friendly and has an option for infinite ammo.

...More news as there is news. :hammer:

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
OBVIOUSLY we're gonna need a vehicular worm... for all those vehicle mods, ya? swap the goliath with that wierd toilet can tihng, or the raptor with the manta, the scorpion with halo's rocket buggy ('cuz you KNOW someone's gonna make that ehhehe)

you may have to have vehicle mod makers add a line to the INT file. or release them plugins. too cool.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Pfhoenix did a vehicular "WoRM" that works just dandy. Nem says it supports custom vehicles & everything. Unless I can think of a major way to improve on it, I'm not gonna bother.

On a side note, I have the mod menu working. You guys could have a forum beta as soon as tommorow night... shame there's not enough custom weapons to make it super worth using yet.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
go to BU's main page, and in the search box type All Vehicle Arena. There's yer vehicle worm. And it does support custom vehicles, and Radiosity already made a scorpion pack with three new scorpion vehicles: One with the Leviathan plasma turret, one with the Goliath minigun turret and one with the Leviathan rocket pack.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Since explosive barrels are back, how about a barrel mute. Weapons are places with explosive barrels, which spawn, you shoot it and it blows up, then a weapon from the list you select is randomly spawned.

cls55

Mar 25, 2004
Looks like a cool mutator...I searched the forum and didn't find how you set this up for a dedicated server? Is there a list of ut2004.ini settings somewhere? I joined my server running the mutator, and i have a rocket launcher with 12 ammo...and thats it.

-=Z=-

Mar 27, 2004
Is it possible to make this so it will place arena weapons in the maps as replacement weapons?
It allows me to start with weapons just fine, but when I choose some of the arena type custom weapons I have as replacement weapons for pick up it doesn't work.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
cls55 said:
Looks like a cool mutator...I searched the forum and didn't find how you set this up for a dedicated server? Is there a list of ut2004.ini settings somewhere? I joined my server running the mutator, and i have a rocket launcher with 12 ammo...and thats it.
I would reccomend Setting up WoRM in UT2004's GUI and then copying KangMods.ini over to your dedicated server's system folder.... its just easier than manually editing all the settings in Notepad.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
-=Z=- said:
Is it possible to make this so it will place arena weapons in the maps as replacement weapons?
It allows me to start with weapons just fine, but when I choose some of the arena type custom weapons I have as replacement weapons for pick up it doesn't work.
I'm not quite sure what you are asking, could you clarify?

-=Z=-

Mar 27, 2004
Kangus said:
I'm not quite sure what you are asking, could you clarify?

You Mutator does not seem to be able to place an Arena type weapon in the map as a replacement weapon. It will only allow you choose them as starting weapons.
For example:

If I choose to place the diabolic binslayer in the game in the place of the shock rifle, it won't work because the diabolic is an arena gun.