If there was one thing you could improve about the tech...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babar

nbk-ruCkus
Feb 7, 2004
Make the person get disracted by auto turret and when they jump out of dodging energy the rocket turret will hit them.

p37g01df15h

/me bubbles
Feb 25, 2004
Demo-boy is obsessed with the tech, I think he's in love with it :fluffle: eew.
I would only change the model/skin as well. It just looks kinda tubby.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Id Up the Fir rate and speed of the Rocket Turret lol. knock them up to light speed rofl!

Dru998

Ra/\/Ger
Feb 1, 2004
Well...... hmmmm...... let me think now. What would I change about the Tech? Techs are not cool, so their model doesn't look cool. Their model is perfect the way it is. It represents what it is just fine IMO. Now rangers on the other hand are the coolest! So they look the coolest IMO :D Same goes for Gunna's :D . Back to what I would change though. Hmmm..... only thing I would change I have stated elsewhere in other posts. The alt-shotty, in more understandable terms CHAR!!! :rolleyes: .

Demo_Boy's posts are the best :D . Great flame fest starters! :2thumb:

Sgt Heath

Feb 9, 2004
Dru998 said:
Hmmm..... only thing I would change I have stated elsewhere in other posts. The alt-shotty, in more understandable terms CHAR!!! :rolleyes: .QUOTE]

If you dont want charred, dont get close. The same reason why I get in close when fighthing as a tech against the rangers is the same reason why they shouldn't get close to me and use thier insane range pistol.

But, if the techs should have anything that would make sense and help the gameplay, that would be alarms. Something you could put like a trigger on a door or hallway that would set off an audible alarm that your team would hear. That would be an easy add.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
Sgt Heath said:
If you dont want charred, dont get close. The same reason why I get in close when fighthing as a tech against the rangers is the same reason why they shouldn't get close to me and use thier insane range pistol.

You actually expect people to use common sense? :lol:

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
are you kidding me? improve the tech!? they're already the most over balanced class in the game. 1 hit kill on ranger and gunner with shotgun secondary, Shotgun can reach sniping distances, Assult rifle is absolutely devastating to rangers in close combat, assault rifle secondary can 1-SHOT KILL ranger with a headshot, you can't even kill someone with a headshot as a ranger! auto-kill deployables, insta-hack. shotgun is a burst/coverage weapon, requiring no acuracy. Gas = absurd, another coverage weapon. emp destroys EVERYTHING, need i say more.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
If the ranger is at sniping distance, as they're designed to be, they'll kill me as a Tech WAY before I can "snipe" them with a shotgun. If a gunner sees a tech closing, charge with the flamer. You'll blind them and probably get them to miss with the almighty shotgun. All this talk of rangers sucking at close range makes me wonder why you want them to do something they're not supposed to.

Dru998

Ra/\/Ger
Feb 1, 2004
Sgt Heath said:

Yep, thats all fine and dandy but how can you not get close in an indoor area? There's a reason its called close combat. Don't assume that I hate the Techs alt-shotgun because I have been owned upclose so many times because really it has not happend all that much. I would like it changed because when I play a Tech I annihilate with the alt-shotty. I almost feel bad when I take people out with it in an indoor area. They didnt even have a chance. If they're not dead in 1hit well they can not see anything because they are blind :rolleyes: . So thats my reasoning for wanting to change the alt-shotty :) .

Last edited:

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
What i would improve.... I'd take out the gas 'nade. Yep. Definetly an improvement. Give 'em the useless conc-"Blind-yourself-for-a-min"-nade instead.

Yep. :)

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
i agree with all comments posted thus far, also agreeing that i wouldn't change anything. i just like to say that all in all i feel tech has over all slight advantage. and that is just my opinion, not written in stone by god. btw, i go ranger all out. i need the speed!

The_Daishi

Jan 23, 2004
OK, yes it's perfecto balanced.
But here's what I think would make an interesting mutator.

Lose the rangers shock rod.
Without his ability to waltz past any deployables, this would make assault much more interesting. Not just the constant stream of running rangers

Rangers would be minced by well configured defenses and would require group attacks to get inside the base. Gunner/Ranger and Tech/Ranger combos.

This is especially true with the current trend in All Outdoors Huge Sweeping Terrain type maps.

Dai.

Coomby

._.-._.--._.-._.
Mar 9, 2004
Demo_Boy Rocks!:rockon:

{NoBull}Jem said:
The game is perfectly balanced. Legend did a great job of that.
But, what if Legend wasnt finished with the game before Atari fired them? What if they were waiting to see what a large player base thought? I geuss we'll never know.:mad:

{NoBull}Jem said:
What I don't understand, is if the tech is SO great, why isn't everyone running around as techs? Think about that one.
It has been my observation that on most maps, there are more Techs then any other class.

I geuss I can say that Techs arnt really that overpowered. Generally, I can own most Techs, even with a Tech. It just irratates me that, when I play a Gunna (full health, full sheilds), on very rare occations, I can be owned by the 99th out of 100 gas grenade lob, that hits me in the face, killing me dead. Also, on very rare occations, a Tech boy on his 99th out of 100 shotgun char, will kill me (full health, full shields) dead in one shot. Nothin should kill a Gunna in one hit!:rl: Sorry, I know ive said it before, but these are my beefs.

Can we BAN Tapeworm from posting on the forum? Look at his comments.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
The_Daishi said:
OK, yes it's perfecto balanced.
But here's what I think would make an interesting mutator.

Lose the rangers shock rod.
Without his ability to waltz past any deployables, this would make assault much more interesting. Not just the constant stream of running rangers

Rangers would be minced by well configured defenses and would require group attacks to get inside the base. Gunner/Ranger and Tech/Ranger combos.

This is especially true with the current trend in All Outdoors Huge Sweeping Terrain type maps.

Dai.
I've wanted that myself (considered toing it once I learned enough Uscript - I'm workin on it ;)). Though I had planned to give Gunners the shock lance and Rangers the trip mines instead of just removing the SL.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
Coomby said:
I geuss I can say that Techs arnt really that overpowered. Generally, I can own most Techs, even with a Tech. It just irratates me that, when I play a Gunna (full health, full sheilds), on very rare occations, I can be owned by the 99th out of 100 gas grenade lob, that hits me in the face, killing me dead. Also, on very rare occations, a Tech boy on his 99th out of 100 shotgun char, will kill me (full health, full shields) dead in one shot. Nothin should kill a Gunna in one hit!:rl: Sorry, I know ive said it before, but these are my beefs.

So Techs aren't supposed to be able to kill gunners? :con:

Big deal you died 1 out of 100 times from taking a gas grenade in the face, it happens with every class. Also, the likelyhood of someone firing a gas grenade and actually hitting you square in the face is not very high at all. The gunners are also equipped with a counter to that, the homing missiles. Also, direct shotgun chars on a Gunner from close won't kill unless it's a headshot, which is pretty reasonable, considering that if a Tech got past both the flamethrower and missiles in close quarters, he deserves the kill. If you just had a Tech sneak up on you and char you, the Tech deserves the kill anyways.

Coomby said:
Can we BAN Tapeworm from posting on the forum? Look at his comments.

This was uncalled for and immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.