Vehicle CTF Maps For Unreal Tournament 2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Random-Task has begun converting the Onslaught maps from Unreal Tournament 2004 to vCTF (Vehicle Capture the Flag). The gametype is written in to Unreal Tournament 2004, but the game did not ship with any of them. First up is VCTF-ArcticStronghold. Keep watching for more to come.

To install a map, download and unzip to your Unreal Tournament 2004 directory. The .ut2 file will go in the maps directory, and the .u file will go in the system directory.

O

OverloadUT

Keep watching!

Oh keep your eyes peeled for Vehicle DM and Vehicle Invasion, as I plan on making both of those!

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Ohh i wanna see these on servers soon!!!

All teh ons maps look like they would fit this great, although how does it work? Do all the ons cap points just turn into resupply spots with vehicles or can they still be capped like ons???

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
vCTF?

The bases are the flag locations, of course, and an equal amount of nodes seem to be team-specific resupply depots. Flying vehicles cannot carry the flag... it is dropped automatically. Of course, there is nothing stopping you from riding on a Manta!

So far, I've seen vCTF versions of GrassyKnoll, Face3, and this one. It's important to note that not ALL vehicles are in all maps.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
The only ONS maps I really want converted is Torlan and Redplanet. I'm pretty sure these will be the last ones done now.

Also does it keep the ONS map in the upper right? These maps are gigantic and you need to know where you['re at, and you can't always do that visually without a map.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
&*%@(^%)*&@^@*&(%

ONS maps are huge, it really should keep the map. That's just..... ugh. You have to have the whole map memorized to get back to base.