What?!?! No zombies in Resident Evil 4?!?!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Yep, looks like its official. GameSpot mentioned it in their Hands-On Preview and now the Official Resident Evil 4 webpage confirms that the enemies are human (well, there are various monsters too) not zombies. All i can say is that i'm very dissapointed. The jist of the story is that the presidents daughter has been kidnaped and they send ONE agent (Leon Kennedy) to Europe to investigate. Sounds really dumb if you ask me. Geez, and i was really looking forward to this game....

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Mr. HotDog said:
Yep, looks like its official. GameSpot mentioned it in their Hands-On Preview and now the Official Resident Evil 4 webpage confirms that the enemies are human (well, there are various monsters too) not zombies. All i can say is that i'm very dissapointed. The jist of the story is that the presidents daughter has been kidnaped and they send ONE agent (Leon Kennedy) to Europe to investigate. Sounds really dumb if you ask me. Geez, and i was really looking forward to this game....

They send him to south america, not europe, but you're not too far off :) As for RE4, yep, the screenies confirm that it probably won't be thatmuch of a RE game. Seems like they either don't want to continue the plot or don't know how to do that, and prefer the "and now for an unrelated adventure" approach ;)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
That's not necesserilly a bad thing, of course. It just means they're going for the square—Final Fantasy approach to sequels: Simmilar type of game, new story. Makes for extending the 'lineup' much easier.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Oh, dunno, the reverse acronym of "yet another f**king resident evil game" maybe? :p

stoned_jedi

Ethically Challenged
Mar 4, 2002
Taunton
www.inforcers.net
Bah i wish they would do a PROPER sequal to FF7 you know like FFX2 hows about Cloud has to stop an evil Shinra plot to ressurect Sephiroth and thus ressurect Jenova, that would rock

ninjin

The Franco-Japanese Carrot
Feb 24, 2001
Dalhousie Univ., NS, Canada
RE4? isnt that Code Veronica...

There is:

Biohazard
Biohazard 2
Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (nemesis for you westerners)
Biohazard - Code Veronica
Biohazard 0
Gun Survivor series
Gaiden series...

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
RE went the way of retarded after the second one. RE3 was a whole game based off of a small portion of RE2. RE0 was a crappy remix of previous versions. I'm not looking forward to anything RE or biohazard for that matter.