PDA

View Full Version : Problem with static meshes <- n00b to this

obscuredjackal
21st Mar 2004, 03:55 PM
I've made some street signs in Milkshape 3D and i've exported them as lwo files. I import the mesh into UnrealEd and apply the texture and everything looks perfect in the browser. But then when I add the mesh to the level the textures are mirrored. It's like the texture coordinates are reversed for some reason. And both sides of the sign are reversed, not just one. I don't understand what I'm doin' wrong. Any ideas? Here's a screenshot of what's happening.

http://www.fuzionsoft.com/Image1.jpg

Thanks!!

jesterspawn
21st Mar 2004, 06:24 PM
Hmm, I just asked my level-designer and he's never seen anything like that happen. We build all of our static meshes in Lightwave instead of exporting them from Milkshape, but I'm not sure if that would change anything.

That's so weird that it would look fine in the browser within UnrealEd, but then be reversed once you place them in the level...

Is this the first static mesh you've imported, or just the only one to have this problem? Have you tried again with maybe just a simple box to test and see if all of your static meshes are having the problem?

obscuredjackal
21st Mar 2004, 06:30 PM
It was some problem with my mesh...i figured it out. Not sure what the problem was though...