bonus pack help: how to install a umod file

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Breydel

I just played all new maps from the bonuspack offline with the new skins and the relics activated. Especially the relics and the DM maps are terrific! At first impression I found the CTF maps a little disappointing but I'm sure that'll change when I get to know the maps.

From what I can see here some of you don't seem to know how to install a umod file. Here is how I installed it from the first time without problems.

1. I already had UT and the latest version of DirectX installed.
2. Install patch 405b.
3. Download the bonuspack zip file and unzip it into a temporary directory. You DON'T have to unzip it into your UT dir.
4. Double click the umod file and the install procedure starts from itself. From there on you should be able to go on yourself.

Note: If the umod file type isn't assigned with UT yet (has the UT icon like maps) this means something is wrong with your file association. In that case just uninstall UT completely and reinstall it in this order: UT, 405b, BP.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Breydel (edited 02-25-2000).]

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
You lost me there bub!
1st The Bonus pack is in winzip form when you download it!
2nd It won't hurt to download it to you UT folder on your C drive!
3rd If you have winzip, you can open it to either the UT folder or create a new!
4th Since it is in Umod form after you unzip it, all you have to do is double click it and the rest is history!
You might note that UT comes with the DirectX 7 incase you don't have it installed, also Microsoft has an update for Direct 7 you can go there to download it.

But I think we get the point Breydel don't we /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif...

bullet2.gif

I've got your number!!
{PuF}XxBonesxX