PDA

View Full Version : How do you change team once you join a server?

voodootheurgist
21st Mar 2004, 03:13 AM
All I see is a command to vote to change team, which apparently does nothing when activated. I'm sure it's somewhere, but I'm sure a lot of people agree with me when I say the interface for Infiltration is extremely counter-intuitive. :P

Freon
21st Mar 2004, 03:22 AM
The "Change team" vote only takes effect at the end of the round. If you want to change team, you have to get back to the main menu, select your team in the drop down menu (below the Attacker/Defender camo selection), and reconnect :)

Crowze
21st Mar 2004, 03:28 AM
Well, you can select change team from the vote menu, and type reconnect into the console. However, some servers have force team balance on, which might stop you from changing teams, and some servers won't let you take part in a mmatch after a certain time limit or first objective has been reached.

Almost
21st Mar 2004, 07:30 AM
Worth mentioning is also that if you have killed or have been killed, you won't be allowed into the game again after you switch until the next round. This is to prevent cheating by reconnecting to get a full set of new lives after you have died.

voodootheurgist
21st Mar 2004, 01:44 PM
Well it's my server......Is there an admin command that I can just type? All I'm trying to do is put me and my friends on the same team against bots, why isn't there just a button to change team like a smart person would program into their mod? : P

Crowze
21st Mar 2004, 02:21 PM
What's the problem then? Set your server not to force team balance, and you're set.

voodootheurgist
21st Mar 2004, 02:22 PM
I'm just saying it'd be better if I could force people onto a team using my admin powers.

voodootheurgist
21st Mar 2004, 04:56 PM
Also, with team balance off, all the bots randomly join teams which means it's usually us and 8 bots vs 2 bots

erehwoN
21st Mar 2004, 07:39 PM
why isn't there just a button to change team like a smart person would program into their mod? : P
Because, that could be abused. Would you want someone to spawn, toss a grenade, the instantly switch teams?

Beppo
22nd Mar 2004, 04:58 AM
if needed... INF_AdminCom mutator (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1357801&postcount=4) allows what you want...

voodootheurgist
22nd Mar 2004, 11:41 PM
An AdminMod thing, that's exactly what I could use, thanks : D