Reboot and Lockup Problems with new PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naegling

Mar 20, 2004
Hi all,

Sorry if this is covered in another thread, I've checked all over the place here and on the net and didn't see anything like it.

Here's my problem, I played all the way through Beta on a crappy ECS K7S5A MB with 512 SDRAM and a Geforce 4 MX card and never had a problem.

I recently purchased ( a real copy ) of the game to play XMP again, but since Beta I have upgraded to a Abit NF7-S with 512 of DDR 3200 ram and a FX 5700 128 MB Vidcard. Now I get lockups and reboots 30 sec- 10 min into the game.

Here's the whole specs:

420 Watt PS
5 case fans
Abit NF7-S MB ver 2.0 latest BIOS update
CPU overheat disabled
Chipset overheat disabled
AGP settings automatic
no overclocking

AMD 2000+
30 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
40 GB Maxtor 7200 ( secondry )
52x LiteOn Burner
16x DVD
Geforce FX 5700 128 DDR ( Latest WQHL driver )
Nforce sound ( Latest Nforce chip drivers )
512 CAS 2.5 3200 DDR Buffalo RAM (winbond chips)
Windows 2000 SP4
Directx 9.0b
MS Mouse and Keyboard

XMP on full install of U2 and I patched both with the newest patches
XMP Community pack (full)

All going through MR 814 Netgear router on 2MB Cable

This is a fresh install of the OS with U2XMP, MS Office and Photoshop 7 installed. The whole install is less than a week old. I have changed settings from 0 to 6 in XMP with no changes. I get about 30-45 fps when playing on ultrahigh settings, but agian for only a short period before problems start. At this point I don't care about the graphics, I just want to play....

Here are the only 3 messages I have gotten in probably 40 dumps and reboots:

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1666 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (5303)

General protection fault!

History: UResizeForce::UnInitParticle <- (URotatingParticle) <- UResizeForce::NotifyParticleDestroyed <- (ParticleSalamander XMP-CBP-Kaminari.ParticleSalamander951) <- UParticleTemplate::RecycleParticle <- (RotatingParticleTemplate XMP-CBP-Kaminari.ParticleSalamander951.RotatingParticleTemplate1901) <- UDecayForce::Apply <- AParticleGenerator::ForceTick <- AParticleGenerator::ManualTick <- AParticleGenerator::Tick <- (ParticleSalamander XMP-CBP-Kaminari.ParticleSalamander951:explosion_giant) <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX20040317153614.log

No Label

Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (5664)

Assertion failed: node [File:UnOctree.cpp] [Line: 1644]

History: IterateNodes <- FCollisionOctree::RemoveActor <- ULevel::MoveActor <- SRaptor11 <- AActor::postKarmaStep <- PostStepAndDestroy <- KWorldStepSafeTime <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX20040317224836.log

I haven't messed with the ini files, and everything is about as stock as it comes. If anyone has had anything similar happen, I could really use some help on this one.

Naegling

Mar 20, 2004
No Label

Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (5664)

General protection fault!

History: CheckWithTerrain <- ULevel::MultiLineCheck <- ULevel::SingleLineCheck <- ASVehicle::preContactUpdate <- KUpdateContacts <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_20040320130831.log

Here's the one from today....

Naegling

Mar 20, 2004
They just apear randomly. I can't narrow it down to one thing in the game. It appears it might be something to do with the tick timing? Man I don't have a clue. I barely made it through one semester of C++.....

Thanks for the post, nice to know it even got read.

Naegling

Naegling

Mar 20, 2004
Hey sorry to not post the fix for so long..

Anyway it was the MB an ABIT NF7-S it had a bad AGP slot. I RMA'd it back to ABIT abd had a new one that works great in less than a month. I'm now running XMP at 45+- fps with a Geforce 5700. Thanks for the help

Go-Bot

Shadow Leadership
Jan 23, 2004
over there somewhere
i would delete existing u2xmp and ut folders in yur system directory and do a fresh install of everything .. not only that there is a viri- trojan called Gaobot stealing CD keys and shutting down machines every 30 seconds .. i would make sure and do a good scan threw microtrends.com .. or even symantec here are the following links to these sites

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gaobot.removal.tool.html
or
www.microtrends.com

worth a try ;) and PS Aksen .. i made a new Siggy check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.