PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Puff

TWD
18th Mar 2004, 10:14 AM
So uhh what was the point of this smoke puff being in there again? It hardly does a thing...

LG > SR

Loibisch
18th Mar 2004, 10:24 AM
and what's the point of this thread?

TossMonkey
18th Mar 2004, 10:30 AM
To bitch and moan.

TWD
18th Mar 2004, 10:40 AM
The point of this thread is to have a discussion on the new sniper rifle. Don't like it don't read the thread.

So in an attempt to get back on topic: I'm ok with the new sniper, although I'd much rather have a lightning gun. Still I just don't see a point behind the smoke puff.

CiD
18th Mar 2004, 10:43 AM
maybe to give the shooter away?

Tapeworm
18th Mar 2004, 11:37 AM
The point of the smoke puff is to leave the zoomed-in sniper unable to see for a second or two, so he/she is vulnerable for a short amount of time (unless they unzoom). This combined with the slower rate of fire was done to prevent people going ape**** with the sniper rifle and pwning everyone due to the general opinion of players being that it was too powerful (in UT'99).

Crowze
18th Mar 2004, 11:38 AM
To obscure vision as well.

TWD
18th Mar 2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah but all you got to do is step to the side and it's gone, or if your moving like you should. Even then if you stand still I don't find the smoke really obscures my vision all that much. Sure it's annoying, but I can still see.

Renegade Retard
18th Mar 2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah but all you got to do is step to the side and it's gone, or if your moving like you should. Even then if you stand still I don't find the smoke really obscures my vision all that much. Sure it's annoying, but I can still see.

Sure you can still see. It's made to hinder your vision momentarily, not blind you.

Side note - I was AWESOME playing Face again with the SR! Good times, good memories! :tup:

Hanover_Fist
18th Mar 2004, 12:20 PM
So uhh what was the point of this smoke puff being in there again? It hardly does a thing...

LG > SR

The smoke puff is there because the SR uses black powder (ie: muskets), this is to remind you that you should never forget the Civil War and why it was fought.

Renegade Retard
18th Mar 2004, 12:23 PM
The smoke puff is there because the SR uses black powder (ie: muskets), this is to remind you that you should never forget the Civil War and why it was fought.

:B

HuggyBear
18th Mar 2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah, the puff is there for blatant campers. I kinda like it, it quells my urge to go have a cig until the end of a match.

edhe
18th Mar 2004, 02:19 PM
TWD - that was not a 'let's have a discussion' post. It was a blatant waste of bandwidth ;)