ONS-Icarus Released, ONS-Icarus 0wns!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Top Unreal community mapper Chris 'Plutonic' Blundell has released his first Onslaught map, a map which was developed during his time at Epic as a contract Level Designer. Here's what he had to say about the map.

I am proud to announce that ONS-Icarus has been released and is available for download. Icarus is a significant departure from the ONS maps released with UT2004. The setting - a massively tall set of buildings - provides for a more vertical game play dynamic for all vehicles in the region around the central nodes. In particular, ramps and elevated floors/platforms create great opportunities to get some serious 'air time'. Jumping the vehicle is a core component of matches in ONS-Icarus!

The map is also the first UT2004 level to receive the 0wnage award, and it can now be found on the '0wnage Maps' section of the UT2004 'Community' menu.

Download ONS-Icarus from BeyondUnreal FileWorks (4.1MB)

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
I think this ownage thing in the server browser is a great idea! Lets hope they puts lots of maps there. Some people only use custom stuff if it's spoon fed to them, so this is actually great.

:)

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
Yeah, but if every map gets ownage then it will be teh same as before. only the best maps should get that award :D

I agree that its no fair that they had a head start, they should of at least waited maybe a week or 2, not the day after.

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Beelzebud (Satanas) said:
I think this ownage thing in the server browser is a great idea! Lets hope they puts lots of maps there. Some people only use custom stuff if it's spoon fed to them, so this is actually great.

:)

with a little bit of salt thank you very much. :eek:

Plumb_Drumb said:
screw fair.
MORE MAPS NOW!

Roger that blue leader!.... or should I say.. CAP THE DAMN NODE!

Last edited:

Paf

Mar 4, 2004
A non terrain based ONS \o/
Fantastic map, hope a lot of servers will have it in theirs rotations :)

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, I think that's the main reason they made this 0wnage. They've heard the clamor for more ONS maps, and I suspect ONS-Ascendency will get 0wnage too.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Great map, but the tank in particular doesnt like to fall off edges and so the bots often get the tanks stuck in the various holes in the ground, then the dont leave the tank and the tank doesnt respawn til someone blows it up. Other than that, it kicks ass :) I think the building with the leviathan on it should be a little higher up, its impossible to aim for the ground to get a decent shot in (the leviathans are for base defense only, they cant leave the tower theyre on)

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Nope, I see the resemblence too, although it bares more of a likeness to a certain UT2003 skin...

Yup, more ONS maps are all well and good, but I'd like to see some people taking up the challenge of building AS maps... especially certain official developers come bonus-pack time... *significantly raised eyebrow*