Trouble with frames per second

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ST97UT

Feb 25, 2000
Visit site
My friend and i have been experiencing slow down when play UT. Ever since the 405b patch this has been happening, it cant be computers, we both have 600 mhz, mine has tnt2 ultra and he has a voodoo 3000. We used to be in the 40 to 50 fps, but know we are struggling for 30's. If you have an idea or solution, let me know.

Thanks

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
You're lucky to only have high FPS. The 405b Patch totalled my UT so much that I re-installed the original. I don't run any patches now, and I know a fair few who have done the same.

Take the patch of, it will solve your problem.

bullet2.gif

42 is a great answer!

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
What, did you lose your original post? I'll put it here again: /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Wish I could help.
Here's my setup:
P3-650(e)
256MB RAM
V3 3000AGP
SBLive! Value

Game settings:
405b
1024x768x16
High World detail
High Model detail
Lighting: On
Decals: On
Sound: High (44.1k sample/32 voice)
Refresh Rate: 100hz

I average 50fps on almost every map. 70's if I run 800x600.

I don't think it's the 405b patch. You should see a good improvement though when the next patch comes out. They're fixing some D3D stuff.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406