What game is better than XMP?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

APAUX

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
I would have to go with Tribes. But right now, the Tribes community is pretty dead but they still have many servers still up and running.

Around November or December this year, Tribes: Vengence shall be coming out and that is going to be one tough mofo to beat. It will be using the unreal engine this time instead of what they were using from before.

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
The mechanics and roles in XMP is awesome and the weapons and graphics are sweet.

But don't you deduct points for the lag issues?

XMP is nowhere near as smooth as say, Q2, Q3 or UT1 even. Doesn't that affect your enjoyment?

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Doom 3,i played the beta and that game is awesome, and bf vietnam too just for the music and settings.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
Quake and Quake 2 i hear is pretty good, but I still dont like it - Q3 is carbon copy of UT, and I would say that UT had some lag issues for me but back when I played it I was on 56k *hugs cable* - Halo? Halo = should have been for the friggin PC instead Bill Gates said "Please sir, I'd like some more" and made a friggin console known to the world as the XBOX....I'm gonna stop there otherwise I'll turn tyrannical in here. Haven't played Tribes....my loss huh? - Battlefield 1942 is so sweet, gonna try getting it patched today. :} - XMP IS TO ROCK!

Mar 6, 2004
TWD said:

Halo is good but Halo online is teh worst multiplayer game ever made!!!! once for 5 minutes i could not even leave my base, i kept getting killed by the other team and by my teammates.

Farcry? i got the demo but not the full version yet(believe it's not out till the 27th of this month).

edit- The sniper rifle i don't like..shoot and it bounces up not to mention it moves when held :mad:

Last edited:

Loqa

Dec 13, 2001
the low lands
Visit site
Probably none. Anybody here ever played UT2k3 Deathball. Played a game yesterday after not having played it for a while because of, you know who. I was heavily addicted to that one once. Interesting similarities with XMP, a seamingly never ending steep learning curve(very in deathball) and heavy team oriented game play. Worth a try if you've never checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.