Offline bot question........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
I have a question regarding the bots behaviors offline.

When playing EAS or any other gamemode against bots offline, they have an irritating tendency to get hit wit the first shot, then immediately dodge either left or right, making followup shots almost impossible with say a pistol. This irks me in that i have the bots ont he highest difficulty setting {which i hope this isnt whats causing thier wierd behavior} I dont remember them doing that in the last version at all and it makes for one shot head kills impossible nearly, not to mention the shameful waste of my ammunitions :D

I thought there might be a dodging setting i could adjust, but for the life of me i couldnt find it in either the INF or the UT ini files, is there something or someplace i can fix this?

Reason being is that i like to practice offline when im familiarizing myself with a new weapon or one i dont use often, this dodging behavior makes it nearly impossible to "get" the weapon down since your aim isnt being noticed by the bots they just dodge it. The PSG and the ROBAR all have fallen victim to the bots dodging the shots, this is ridiculous. Headshots arent possible offline for me anymore, and hitting them repeatedly int he chest seems to be the only way to kill them even then they are all over the screen dodging **** they shouldnt be able to.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I believe you can still unmark 'jumpy behaviour' in the bot menu.
Lowering the botskill should also help to get rid the dodging.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
zeep said:
I believe you can still unmark 'jumpy behaviour' in the bot menu.
Lowering the botskill should also help to get rid the dodging.

I remember my punishments :D by the UT godlike bots zeep :)
They were dodging like crazy , so i think at the highest difficulty INF bots can have this dodgy behaviour hardcoded from the UT AI.

that is why i am not sure that unmarking jumpy from the bot menu will get rid of that behaiour, at the highest level of difficulty.
As i think dodging and jumping are completly different as they involve different keys , and it should be the same from AI perspective too

derelan suggestion sounds good actually.