What are you're fav games ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
I know that this thread has nothing to do with xmp but i'm just interested what games the xmp community liked over the past years.
My top 5 are

1) Final fantasy 7--> yeah i know but that game kept me up the whole night with only a can of coke and a pack of cigs,14 hrs straight :lol:
2) metal gear solid(ps1)--> just an awesome game that was :notworthy:
3) Zelda (n64)--> another awesome game with an inventive control system,last game i played on the old n64 :)
4) Duke nukem 3d--> let's kick ass and chew bubblegum and i'm all out of gum :D
5) Monkey Island 2--> If anyone is old enough to remember this one and played it than you know what i mean.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Quake.
Half-Life.
C&C.
Duke3D.
Monkey Island.

No particular order. These are the games that have defined my outlook on games, Quakes perfect multiplayer, Half-Life being the first serious FPS, C&C's awesome thought provoking gameplay, Duke's ability to bring the pure essence of Evil Dead to video games and finally Monkey Island is pretty much the most hilarious game ever.

I'm sure you could find fault with all these games, but at their time they were the greatest ever. This list is in no way my complete list of favourite games ever, but I picked 5 because I wanted it to be short.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Favorite games....

1. Final Fantasy 7 (PC/PSX)---Best story line that never lets you leave behind or forget a single area of the game, interesting characters, great customizable magic system, lots of weapons, huge world, interesting locations, exciting mini-games, brilliant summons, spectacular end game payoff, and so much more it'd take forever to list. This game owns. This game is as engaging as Jubei said. :)
2. Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (PC)---I have so many customized things for this game and the gameplay is so different every race that it's automatic that this game rules. This game is old yet runs flawlessly on networks and on WinXP without compatability adjustments (although it was designed for Win95). When customized, this game owns too. Just be sure to enable "madland" and give the cop AI some good cars.
3. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 (PC)---Revolutionary, well designed, and never ending. Sure, you couldn't do anything custom to mod the game, but boy was it fun to run a theme park with all the complexity and realism SimThemePark left out. There is so much to build and do and there's that unique touch of attention in the game. It really feels like the creator, Chris Sawyer, did what the guy who developped Drakken said: "Make a game you want to play", which is the key to a great game.
4. Zelda: A link to the Past (SNES)---Long game, so many dungeons, 2 worlds, lots of weapons, and just when you think the battles couldn't get bigger, they do. Graphics were good too and the story line is engaging at times like FF7, but not nearly as much.
5. Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)---Portable fun that goes on for hours. A classic.
6. Duke Nukem 3d (PC)---Come get some. Ok, so the editor sucked, but this game is fun and multiplayer was pretty good too. Some maps sucked, while others just ruled. Nice effects and amospheres in some of the maps, like Darkside and the map with the alien core structure. Darkside is a map that I personally think stands up to even some of the UT maps out there now in terms of how well it was constructed. Tiberius Station was a good dukematch map too. And Dukeburger is UT quailty.
7. Command and Conquer (PC)---AI sucks, but great game. I liked the realistic approach to RTS instead of Warcraft's fantasy style. Multiplayer against people down the street was hours and hours of fun.
8. Perfect Dark (N64)---Sure, choppy at times, but back in the day this game was king, it owned.
9. Ace Combat 4 (PS2)---I have never EVER played a flight sim this good. 0_o The graphics are brilliant, the missions are fun (most of them), but the ending mission leaves a bit to be desired and I hated the music. The F-14C owns btw....er, well, whatever the blue jet is with the single air intake at the bottom is. It's the most expensive of that type.
10. Grand Theft Auto 3---This game's single player is the absolute best action game I've ever played. There's no multiplayer and little replay value which is why I put it at the bottom of the list.

-Myr

Last edited:

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Total Annihilation (I'm not surprised many XMP fans are/were TA fans..)
Command & Conquer original - it got progressively worse after that
Original Unreal - still very fun
Gadget - wierd, old game I'm certain nobody here has ever heard of. Half RPG, half story. Downright disturbing, with horror music to match.
Master Of Orion 2 - 3 was too nano-management intensive, but this one just rocked.

Dru998

Ra/\/Ger
Feb 1, 2004
My fav games are:

Fallout 1 & 2 - These games rock! Hah, I remember playing Fallout 1 on my Pentium 120!!! I took me like 20 minutes to load my saved games ;). It was well worth it. I recommend this game to anyone. Dated graphics by today's standards but a brillant game.

Half-Life - I played it at night with the lights out and the headphones blaring, nearly scared me half to death. Great game.

Golden Eye (N64) - Gotta love those proximity mines :D .

Legend of Zelda - A link to the past (SNES) - Ohh this game was just awesome!!

Grand Theft Auto 1 & 3 - Nothing has come close to the fun you can get out of this game singleplayer.

Doom - Played this classic on my friends 486 33mhz HAHA :lol: !This was the first good first person shooter ever made, well at least I thought so.

Quake 2(Multipayer) - That was the first FPS that I ever played online mutilplayer and I loved it :) .

Scorched Earth - Lol, I dont know if anyone played this game. It was so fun back in the day.

Top Gear (SNES) - hehe awesome racing game. I still listen to the theme song today.

Im sure there are many more but thats all for now. My favorite games are definately the Fallout series :2thumb: .

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Shinobi (Master System)
Doom
Super Mario World :)
Street Fighter II
Descent
The Need For Speed
Rogue Squadron 3D
Quake II
Jedi Knight
Super Mario Sunshine ;)

and, of course, Galaga! I still play it. Super game!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Dark Castle
Doom
Marathon
Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Myst
Unreal
Quake 3
Half-Life
UT
Starcraft
Homeworld
Nox
Baldur's Gate
Severance - Blade of Darkness
XMP

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Let's see..

Unreal 2 XMP-Bizarrely, I've never even played the single player, nor do I even have it. I get XMP for free for being a beta tester, so I've never gotten around to buying a copy.

Ultima Online-The first viable MMOG, and the only one without a lame levelling treadmill..

Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City-I love the concept, it's endless fun. I still pop one of those in my PS2 when I'm angry, just to go on murderous rampage.

Civilization II-Another endlessly addictive game.

Wing Commander: Privateer and Righteous Fire- Awesome open-ended space sim. Far better than any of the others including X-Wing or any of the other Wing Commanders.

Goldeneye-Ahhh the hours of drunken fragging with 3 of your closest friends.

Fallout 1 & 2 & Wasteland-Love the apocalyptic doom of these games.(as a side note, Fallout is a sequel to Wasteland.)

Scorched Earth- DRU998 mentioned it, I miss that game..

Sword of the Samurai- I be noone remembers this '80's gem, an RPG/Strategy about being a Samurai

Starflight-First PC game I ever got addicted to, back in the XT days(woohoo 8mhz and 4 color CGA!)

Zetto

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2004
XMP, Total Annihilation and (before XMP) - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic are off the charts. Warcraft2/Starcraft, C&C1, Homeworld1, Doom1&2, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal1, UT1, MOHAA, Half-Life and Deus Ex 1 are my default best games ever. Baldur Gates 2 and Fallout Tactics were very nice, too.

Very old ones: King's Valley (on MSX), and Saboteur 2 (ZX Sinclaire)

Last edited:

Bryne

Wheel of Time LAN dude
Feb 4, 2004
Netherlands
www.bryne.nl
  1. The Wheel of time, I've been an active member of this small community ever since it came out. Great game, even greater community.
  2. XMP, after being somewhat disappointed by Unreal 2, I was awed when I saw the gameplay of XMP and am hooked since then. I like the atmosphere in the community as well.
  3. Splinter Cell, beautiful single player game with an extremely good feel to it. Really looking forward to Pandora Tomorrow.
  4. Deus Ex 1, singleplayer with the highest replay value of all I know, plus a very good story.
  5. UT2003, very good looking and feeling, but rather mindless shooter. Good for some exhilarating play. The community turns me off though.

Jugger.s

Jan 22, 2004
Half-Life (especially TFC)
XMP
Age of Empire

And about console games :
MarioKart of course ;o (SNes and GC)
Super Mario World
FF7
Zelda64
Resident Evil 1
TombRaider 1

Ah, and Amstrad CPC games ! like Renegade series, Gryzor, etc... ^^

KillaALF

Mar 9, 2004
In no particular order:

Thief 1+2
System 1+2
Deus Ex
Half-Life
Ultima Underworld 1+2
Ultima 7
Unreal Tournament
Nolf 1
Operation Flashpoint
Duke Nukem 3D
GTA 3 and VC
Medieval: Total War

XMP is a pretty new experience for me, multiplayer until recently was just LAN with 2-5 friends, tried Quake 2 on 56k modem once or twice, but it was basically unplayable, no fun at all. I'm a singleplayer guy at heart but I gotta admit, XMP is very addictive =)

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
This list is hard to compile, because I love a ton of games so here goes nothing:

Half-Life
Halo
XMP
Duke Nukem [even the 2D ones, but 3D was the best yet]
GTA 3 and Vice City [I'm going '80s]
Iron Storm
Star Wars Dark Forces & Jedi Knight/Jedi Knight II
UT99 [I spent two years in High School playing that game on LAN in class, made the teacher mad especially every time when we cracked her passwords]
Unreal II: The Awakening [am I the only one??]
Medal of Honor: Frontline [PS2]
Hitman II
The Getaway
Robotech [PS2]

Ok...now I'm done!

death2all

Mar 9, 2004
Lets see
Deus Ex
System Shock2
UT99