AlphaCoop beta released and looking for mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlphaOne

Unreal coder
Nov 5, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Beta Released
I would like to tell everyone that I'm releasing a beta version of my AlphaCoop mod to the public. View the site for more info:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/AlphaOne/AlphaCoop

What is AlphaCoop?
AlphaCoop is an Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 game type. "When you take some invasion fun, coop teamwork, monster hunt gameplay, unreal1 nostalgia and mix it with some AlphaOne you get AlphaCoop"

Direct download link:
http://yucc.yorku.ca/~plouj/AlphaCoop/AlphaCoop-v1.33.7b.zip

Mappers Needed
Since the beginning of this mod, which was on January 14th 2004, I have been the only person working on this mod. I've written a lot of code. Now comes the time when I need some actual maps for the mod. I am looking for coop level mappers. To me a coop map is one that lets the player explore, have fun, progress, and make the player feel like he's accomplished something at the end of it.

Here are some loose map requirements that I'm looking for:
  • fun - games begin with this
  • cooperative - humans vs monsters. Good example: Monster Hunt for UT1 - humans traversing though the level from start to finish encoutering, and fighting unreal1 monsters
  • story - doesn't have to be super good or make sense. Doesn't have to link with other maps. Just has to be interesting enough.
  • The original Unreal feeling
  • good use of monster spawners - for example: don't spawn too many too difficult monsters
  • try to keep the monster count generally lower, not just for the performance reasons, but also because may repetative monsters kill the gaming experience. I know that from playing games such as SeriousSam and Painkiller.
  • everything in the map 'should' have a purpose
  • players should have a sense of progress as they get further in the level
  • appropriate weapon spawns for each area
  • good combinations of monsters. There is no reason to put every single type of monster in one area
  • fun - and end hopefully end with this

Good to have
  • hidden areas, secrets, easter eggs, you know:)
  • things that reward teamwork - do as much as possible with UED
  • linking with other maps
I could care less about
  • graphics - I want those 'less fortunate' to be able to play this mod. This does not mean that I want maps with crappy style and design. I'm just saying that More polygons does not mean better looking.

Email me: thematrixhunter@yahoo.com if you have any questions, would like to know more, or something else related to this mod.

Also check out the banner that I'm working on for this mod:
AC_Banner.jpg