XMP on TechTV's LanParty

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
I posted my 2 cents:

"XMP is a sleeper hit. You can tell that it was a labor of love by the Legend guys whom did this in their spare time. 700 beta testers months' of feedback has polished the weapon and class balance to a tee.

It reminds me of a streamlined, modernized Team Fortress -- and that is high praise indeed. Powerful, flexible classes, deadly weapons, and a wide variety of duties lets players excel in different roles.

I think XMP is an ideal LAN party game because there is so much depth in the mechanics of the weapons and movement that the kind person-to-person mentoring that happens naturally at LAN parties would give the new players a fighting chance against the experienced players and "show them the light" of how cool this game is.

A recently released, free, Community Bonus Pack adds half a dozen maps to the pack, and they are all excellent.

The learning curve is higher than, say Onslaught for 2K4, but so is the satisfaction players feel when they are able to "outhink" an enemy that relies only on aim.

Laterz,
Demo"

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
XMP community, here is your chance to make a difference! Go register at Tech TV and post your thoughts -- rate pro XMP posters threads highly.

If we get a sponsored XMP focused LAN event out of this it will generate a rising tide of new players for XMP.

It took me 30 minutes, it's worth your time. Do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.