PDA

View Full Version : [UT2k3] UnrealED and UT2k3 game different renderdevice how?

daloonie
10th Mar 2004, 11:51 AM
Hi all you BuF'ers out there! :D

I've for some time now, got a problem with my UT2k3 that it wouldn't load with the D3D renderdevice(found out today) and it works perfect with OpenGL(actually I find the OpenGL render device a bit better) so I changed it in a simple turn.

Now I like to skin and map and constantly I use the UnrealED3.0 but now here's for the real problem UnrealED doesn't support the OpenGL renderdevice and when the game uses the same render settings for UnrealED then I've got a problem.

Now I wondered could this be solved with a little tweak in the UT2003.ini file? So I searched the web including this site and only found this (http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=392&dPage=9). It doesn't help me much as it doesn't say how to run with different renders for UnrealED and the game.

So now I "just" need some help on how to run the game and the Editor in a different render device without constantly having to open up the UT2003.ini file and change it every time I will use one of the two programs(I switch alot when watching my skins and maps in-game)!?

So if you could help me here I would really appreciate it thanks!

Shambler[Bishop
10th Mar 2004, 12:44 PM
If your editor is actually working when you change your .ini juts copy the ini and rename it Ed.ini
Then make a shortcut to UnrealEd.exe and add a commandline INI=Ed.ini that way you can use a different .ini whenever you like.

daloonie
10th Mar 2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks I'll try that :D