Triggering a combo with a mutate command.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
At the request of someone, I am trying to set up a combo so you can activate it with a mutate command.

Looks like combos are started in XPawn with the
function DoCombo( class<Combo> ComboClass )

However the mutate command uses:
function Mutate(string MutateString, PlayerController Sender)

So I'm stuck on this, I dont know how to bridge that gap between PlayerController and XPawn. So somehow I need to get it so when the player pushes his bind, the pawn tries to activate the combo.

Im lost, can anyone give me some pointers?

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I tried putting a exec in the combo class, silly me, the combo doesnt actually exist till its spawned by the pawn.

Thanks Mychaeel, I was close "Sender.DoCombo(Class'BlastPak.Combo_BlastStop')" but not close enough. Most appreciated.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I put it in the mutator, it ended up looking like this

Code:
function Mutate(string MutateString, PlayerController Sender)
{
	If(MutateString~= "BlastStop")
	{
//Thanks to Mychaeel for this code.
		xPawn(Sender.Pawn).DoCombo(Class'BlastPak.Combo_BlastStop');
	}
	if ( NextMutator != None )
		NextMutator.Mutate(MutateString, Sender);
}

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
You can put execs in active classes, but I put one in a class that didnt exist at the time. Funny isnt it?

You can place exec in a weapon for example, who needs a new player class.