instagib onslaught

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
i've always played low grav instagib (i may not for 2k4 though, reg weapons is just too much fun). i was wondering how onslaught would work. i read in some article that there will be a special "iOnslaught" and "iAssault" mutator thing so that you dont kill vehicles in one shot and stuff.. i was wondering how onslaught would work out without the link gun. would you just shoot it with your ESR to charge it faster? :p

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
iONS is a non starter

Epic have stated that instagib will be permanently disabled in ONS and AS.

In my opinion, IG ONS simply won't work, it would completely destroy all the main points of the game. It's just not worth playing with instagib switched on.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
err, the super shock rifle doesn't destroy vehicles and nodes in one hit, it does 5% damage to them. So it does 1000 damage to players, therefore 5% of 1000 is 50. We can conclude the Super Shock Rifle deals 50 damage to vehicles.

Still, IG ONS would be incredibly retarded as there'd be no way to heal a node under attack. Sure when you build one it charges itself, but when it's up, if you attack it it won't recharge and there's no way to do it yourself.

Just use some sense, IG people, and don't play Onslaught or Assault if you want to play IG. Okay? It's not that much to ask. You're always going on about how you respect NW players while we all bash you and everything, so here's your chance. Prove it and don't mod your way around ONS and AS.

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
All I can say is that I would lose interest in the game very very fast if OS and AS have instagib.

I hope to god it's true that Epic disabled it.

IMO instagib is what ruined CTF...

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
i got to agree with everyone else. IG ONS and AS would be pretty useless. I mean dont get me wrong; i play IG LG on UT2k3 so im not an IG hater, but ut2k4's weapons seems so much better than ut2k3's that im pretty much just going to use IG and LG on BR.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I feel this is a good move on epics part. We all know onslaught wouldnt work, and im here to tell you assault is just a bad idea with IG. I was speccing a server running AS-Convoy with IG(Thank you hackors you good for nothing dolts) Anyway, it was nothing but a spam fest. The way assault is now with its timed objectives, there is no way to take hold of the first objective. It was just a big spam fest. I hovered over the first objective and the moment someone got on, boom your dead, there was just no point in it.

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
yeah i was wondering what they'd do about it :p i think i'll just play reg weapons anyways.. im kinda sick of instagib.. not to mention that the people left in the instagib community arent cool anymore :( (well, the UT instagib community. 2k3's intagib sucked so i didnt even get into it :p )

mortus\pyro

Jan 8, 2004
I'd love to see how the IG players would get round node charging. I mean sure they can have the link gun available, but while they're charging that node you'd have x amount of ig players all shocking them in the face. Not to mention nodes being destroyed/damaged from massive distance away instead of the upclose and personal type fighting around the node that has to go on now.

For the love of god instagibbers, don't do it ;)

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
{MåçE} said:
yeah i was wondering what they'd do about it :p i think i'll just play reg weapons anyways.. im kinda sick of instagib.. not to mention that the people left in the instagib community arent cool anymore :( (well, the UT instagib community. 2k3's intagib sucked so i didnt even get into it :p )

I have to admit it, UT instagib was fun. I was even in a couple instagib clans, a long time ago. But I hated 2k3 instagib, and IG in general will never be as tactical and mentally challenging as NW. Period. It couldn't hold my interest in the long run. I'm really glad Epic feels the same way I do about trying to play instagib in mods it has no business being in. :p

Hedge

Wish I was with her
Sep 12, 2003
out in the boonies
Visit site
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
The way assault is now with its timed objectives, there is no way to take hold of the first objective. It was just a big spam fest. I hovered over the first objective and the moment someone got on, boom your dead, there was just no point in it.

Doesn't the same thing said above apply to BR and CTF? Someone camps near their flag, you come in to get the flag, boom, you are dead. Pointless isn't it? Same thing in BR, you pick up the ball, run around a corner, boom, you are dead.

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Hedge said:
Doesn't the same thing said above apply to BR and CTF? Someone camps near their flag, you come in to get the flag, boom, you are dead. Pointless isn't it? Same thing in BR, you pick up the ball, run around a corner, boom, you are dead.

Shhhhhhh. Don't ruin the secret. :rolleyes:

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
ONS just doesn't feel right with Instagib. I tried it and didn't like it. The Alt-fire of the Link Gun is a must. Low Gravity is no good with ONS either. It completly removes the need for vehicles.

As far as I am concerned, the best way to play ONS is vanilla. And thats comming from an hardcore LGI player.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
«BuA»Devastator said:
ONS just doesn't feel right with Instagib. I tried it and didn't like it. The Alt-fire of the Link Gun is a must. Low Gravity is no good with ONS either. It completly removes the need for vehicles.

As far as I am concerned, the best way to play ONS is vanilla. And thats comming from an hardcore LGI player.

LGI 135/35 Style, needs to stay in DM, CTF and maybe even BR. Its just not meant to be played in Assault or ONS..