PDA

View Full Version : Vito, what's changed...

Spooge
6th Mar 2004, 07:29 AM
What's changed in the Static Mesh pack handeling that is keeping us from using our packs created in UT2K in the Runtime and vise versa? I just tried converting Runtine Static Mesh Packs into UT2K, does not go either direction. Textures and maps are less of an issue.

Vito
6th Mar 2004, 08:08 AM
UT2003/4 simply have incompatible serialization; the Runtime is actually "correct," and UT2003 is what's broken.

Basically, don't delete your original ASE files. :)

Spooge
6th Mar 2004, 08:40 AM
I never "delete"... I just hate to have to import again... and place everything again... ACK.

Thanks!

Vito
6th Mar 2004, 11:01 AM
If you reimport everything with the exact same package and object names, and open all the dependent packages, and import from T3D, you still have to re-place everything?

spatte
6th Mar 2004, 05:13 PM
That's what I did when I imported the t3d. I created a new smesh package and named it the same as in my UT project and then imported everything. Beginners luck maybe? Well, some simple meshes that I had created inside UnrealED were lost though.....I am VERY happy that I didn't have to go through the process of placing all my meshes.....

Spooge
6th Mar 2004, 06:44 PM
I believe that the crashing may be due to the terrain & Info... maybe. I can not get the terrain from the Runtime back into the UT2K... remember I am going backwards to show and example of bot AI. Seeing is believing for some.

I'll try again.