IL2FB:ACE Expansion Pack is out(in N. America)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Teufel Eldritch

The Devil's Own
Jul 17, 2001
Edmonds(Seattle), WA., USA
Visit site
It's been slightly over a year since my last posting. Thought I would drop in & say a big hello to you people. Unfortunately I can no longer play INF as my UT disc bit the dust. However I know many of you like IL2FB from the frequent screenshot threads & discussions about it that we had.

These pics came from the IL2FB community. Many thanx to pdog, StukaKing, EvilBen & the rest.

Ejection.jpg

Go-229.jpg

Into_the_Storm.jpg

Ki-84.jpg

Me110.jpg

spit2.jpg

spit3.jpg

spit4.jpg

spit5.jpg

spit6.jpg

SpitPit.jpg

Stang_tipping_V1.jpg

zero.jpg

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
holy guacamoley! Will that game run on a mid-range system, at that detail? I've heard about it, and looked into it for a long while, but i always get bored of flight sims, and russians-vs-germans only doesn't sound like it would interest me.

Teufel Eldritch

The Devil's Own
Jul 17, 2001
Edmonds(Seattle), WA., USA
Visit site
It has some American & British planes as well even some Italian. There just arent any campaigns for them really. Sometime real soon a add-on called Battle Over Europe is going to be released for N. America. It has already been released in Europe from what I gather. That will have the European theatre.

Minimum Specs
Computer: Pentium III 800/AMD Athlon 700 or better
Memory: 256 MB of RAM ( 512 MB is recommended)
Operating System: Windows(r)98/ME/2000/XP
DirectX: DirectX 8.1 or higher (included on disc)
Video Card: 3D video card (DirectX 8.1 compatible) w/32MB RAM (64MB recommended)
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM or better (Not recommended for use with CD-RWs)
Audio: Direct 8.1 compatible sound card
Internet/Network Play: Internet connection (56 kbps or better) or LAN for multiplayer
Hard Drive Space: 1.1 GB

Last edited:

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Aces expansion is great, period. Many different planes, from many different countries, from different periods of the war. Many overdue ones, like the Bf-110. And a patch is in the works for soonishly (something like a month or two, max), with fixes and 10 new flyables. The online campaign option is also very interesting. As an avid FB player, i highly recommend it.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
The Folgore was left out. This alone is cause for murder... possibly even some sort of genocide.

The P-63 Kingcobra is the new whore plane of choice. I highly reccomend it to all of you dipshits who have no idea how to fly. That'd be... 98% of the people in this thread, I think.

The spitfire family isn't for n00bs. The machine guns on it are quite weak, and the huge volume of fire doesn't make up for the fact that they're basically just a bunch of Vickers MGs encased in a wing. The Hispano-Suiza cannons it sports, on the other hand, pack a hefty punch. Shame there's only two of them and they have very little ammo.

Successful combat in the spitfire is all about good gunnery. You've got more of a chance in a properly flown FW-190, really.

There's a couple of extra flavours of Mustang in there now, for you dumbshit yanks who think just because a plane was made in the US it's a good fighter. Suffice to say it stinks worse than NTKB's flabby pits after a heavy session of ego stroking. I beat an Ace level AI Mustang with a Bf-109E4. That's how awful it is.

The Gotha is an absolute demon, and I predict it'll be the new idiot n00b jet of choice on the public servers. It's damn hard to land bullets on, thanks to the fact that it makes the B-2 Spirit look like a cargo plane. Again, you need to be damn good with the guns because of the low ammo load, but that's never seemed to bother idiot n00bs before. They just bail out and refly.

The new loadouts for the various bombers are good. They should've been there from the start. The mistel is complete and utter fun. I've already dropped at least 20 on various parts of France, and I'm still not bored. Other insane weapon highlights include the V1 rockets. Flipping them with your wings is hilarious, and nobody's getting onto any server I run without a recorded track of them doing so.

Other highlights include bombing France, bombing France with 4 tons of bombs, and bombing France with a Mistel. The jap planes are rather amusing, too.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
jaunty said:
The Folgore was left out. This alone is cause for murder... possibly even some sort of genocide.

Agreed. The new italian fighters are welcome, but more and especially, moremodern ones, wouldn't hurt.

jaunty said:
The P-63 Kingcobra is the new whore plane of choice. I highly reccomend it to all of you dipshits who have no idea how to fly. That'd be... 98% of the people in this thread, I think.

You never get old :D

jaunty said:
The spitfire family isn't for n00bs. The machine guns on it are quite weak, and the huge volume of fire doesn't make up for the fact that they're basically just a bunch of Vickers MGs encased in a wing. The Hispano-Suiza cannons it sports, on the other hand, pack a hefty punch. Shame there's only two of them and they have very little ammo.

Successful combat in the spitfire is all about good gunnery. You've got more of a chance in a properly flown FW-190, really.

True, the spitfire's armament requires good gunnery, but at least it is efficient (BF109 F2 anyone ?). Besides, the spit's agility allows you to get in a good firing position.

jaunty said:
There's a couple of extra flavours of Mustang in there now, for you dumbshit yanks who think just because a plane was made in the US it's a good fighter. Suffice to say it stinks worse than NTKB's flabby pits after a heavy session of ego stroking. I beat an Ace level AI Mustang with a Bf-109E4. That's how awful it is.

Nothing to brag about. The AI flies all fighters like if they were good turners, which isn't the case of the P-51. Therefore, they lose. Shoot down dedicated mustang jockeys online, and you'll have the right to brag about it.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
can anyone compare this game to Microsoft's CFS3? I got CFS3 as a gift, and i don't particularily enjoy it, but every moment i look at IL2FB i want to get it more and more.... is it worth it?

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
DamienW said:
Nothing to brag about. The AI flies all fighters like if they were good turners, which isn't the case of the P-51. Therefore, they lose. Shoot down dedicated mustang jockeys online, and you'll have the right to brag about it.

Shooting down anything in an E4 is a good effort. Shooting down the AI in one of the fastest planes around in an E4 is a fantastic effort. Especially when the AI senses that it's losing and starts to run away.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
How would a newbie best learn this game? i've had the original IL2 since it came out and got FB as soon as it released but I never played it that much cause I could never really get the hang of what makes a good flyer

(quick question, whats a "rolling scissors" and "angle fighter"? was readying the flyable plane guide to get a basic idea of whats good at what and alot of the entries listed those as strenghs/weakness