PDA

View Full Version : I am now in the Army.

Demosthanese
4th Mar 2004, 05:36 PM
Just got sworn in today. Going to continue college and then go to basic in about two years.

Keganator
4th Mar 2004, 07:06 PM
Yar! Are you planning to be a grunt, or one of the college educated higher ups? Details! :D

Demosthanese
4th Mar 2004, 07:40 PM
AH-64 pilot.

Spier
4th Mar 2004, 07:51 PM
Is that the dream, or is it viable?

Good luck in either case.

Cold Killer
4th Mar 2004, 08:01 PM
gl, man! Don't be like those guys in those videos!

NTKB
4th Mar 2004, 10:26 PM
Good luck man... and if the time comes to do what you got to do dont hesitate. Remember the other guy is being paid/drafted to do the same thing back to you.

NotBillMurray
4th Mar 2004, 11:19 PM
Congrats - Keep yourself clean in college so you don't mess up your pilot career.

Keganator
4th Mar 2004, 11:20 PM
Not to sidetrack Demo's moment, but NTKB, how did your plans go for the marines?

Demosthanese
5th Mar 2004, 12:31 AM
Is that the dream, or is it viable?

Good luck in either case.

Got a perfect score on the ASVAB, so it is very much a possability. I could
go straight in to WO school now, if I wanted to, but I'll fair better if I work
on avionics for a while, first.

Demosthanese
5th Mar 2004, 12:36 AM
gl, man! Don't be like those guys in those videos!
They did what they were ordered to do, and as far as the wounded man, the
pilots did not know how badly wounded he was. He was able to roll away from
the truck and keep crawling, and the pilots did not know where he may be
going. He still posed a threat to the helicopter and ground forces, and it's not
like they could land and take him as a POW.

Cold Killer
5th Mar 2004, 12:41 AM
Heh, I forgot that that one had been posted and that that would probably be the only one to come to mind for ya. I was thinking of another one where these pilots were watching this couple having sex in the back of a vehicle using their NV.

novak
5th Mar 2004, 01:43 AM
I would've gone for the jets myself but congratulations anyway. :)

Get yourself clean through college and keep your mouth shut in basic and you should be fine. Again, congrats!

Rostam
5th Mar 2004, 01:52 AM
Congrats, make sure the maintenance crew likes you.

Freon
5th Mar 2004, 02:02 AM
I doubt you will be an Apache pilot right from the start, you'll have to fight to get there.

Anyway, you already speak like a military so I guess it's a start ;)

Demosthanese
5th Mar 2004, 02:16 AM
I doubt you will be an Apache pilot right from the start, you'll have to fight to get there.

Anyway, you already speak like a military so I guess it's a start ;)

...but I'll fair better if I work on avionics for a while, first.
;)

MP_Lord_Kee
5th Mar 2004, 03:02 AM
Good luck Demosthanese. Hope you can make it.

//Kee

Vega-don
5th Mar 2004, 03:25 AM
good luck , dont kill innocent civilians!

and if you invade france ill be forced to kill you :D

das_ben
5th Mar 2004, 06:14 AM
Yo, good luck man.

novak
5th Mar 2004, 08:10 AM

Kill? You ment surrender, right?

Demosthanese
5th Mar 2004, 11:05 AM

Throwing onions at me probably won't hurt me too much...;)

Cold Killer
5th Mar 2004, 11:19 AM
Méfiez-vous de les oignons and les fromages français!

NTKB
5th Mar 2004, 01:11 PM
Not to sidetrack Demo's moment, but NTKB, how did your plans go for the marines?

Hey keg, still interested but for the marines to even consider me I need 15 college credits. (marines seem to be real interested in what you did as a teen, even though im 25 now. Its sad.)

I was debating joining the Airforce or Navy and becomming a medic or nurse. But the last resort I guess will be to join the army... stress cards? bleh.

Cold Killer
5th Mar 2004, 06:08 PM
I'm not trying to seem insulting, but why not try for a job that doesn't involve the military? You don't seem to really extremely want to be in a particular military field since you're willing to shoot for the Airforce or Navy or even become a medic. Surely with the credentials you have now you could pursue another career at which you'd be better suited?

ecale3
5th Mar 2004, 07:34 PM
Cause NT is like Psycological warfare. You tell the enemy NTKB is coming and, whatever their reason, they will come crawling to the negotiation table :).

Besides, i'm cool with my tax dollars paying him to kill people.

NTKB
5th Mar 2004, 07:35 PM
I'm not trying to seem insulting, but why not try for a job that doesn't involve the military? You don't seem to really extremely want to be in a particular military field since you're willing to shoot for the Airforce or Navy or even become a medic. Surely with the credentials you have now you could pursue another career at which you'd be better suited?

A> Its in service to my country not myself.

B> Its good on the resume later.

C> Its a government job and has good benefits even after you leave the service.

D> braggin rights for life.

phatcat
5th Mar 2004, 08:03 PM
Sweet jebus...
You know NTKB... only if stupid hurt.

A> Its in service to my country not myself.
I'm sorry, but didn't you say something about joining a branch where you wouldn't get shot at? yeah... thats not serving yourself.

B> Its good on the resume later.
So is the peace core, Eagle Scout, or FINISHING ****ING COLLEGE. Also just as a note, alot of nurses and medics don't become doctors, they become EMT and Nursing Assistance at best.

C> Its a government job and has good benefits even after you leave the service.
Yes, if you have decent technical skills that the military can use after service. Do you have any decent technical skills NTKB? If not you might want to look into prefecting this mantra, "do you want fries with that"

D> braggin rights for life.
Hells yeah bitch I was a f**king nurse in the military!! I was all hardcore in the rear with the gear!! woooo!!

Cold Killer
5th Mar 2004, 08:04 PM
From what you said, I take it you're planning on serving for awhile, and then leaving to do what you REALLY want?

anaemic
5th Mar 2004, 09:20 PM
i know its a bit late but hey
throwing onions? the french have altered that croud dispersal thing to target enemies with high power blasts of their attempts at rap and hip hop....

Vega-don
5th Mar 2004, 09:43 PM
shut up oasis coldplay faggs :D

mute_dammit
5th Mar 2004, 10:54 PM
A> Its in service to my country not myself.I'm sorry, but didn't you say something about joining a branch where you wouldn't get shot at? yeah... thats not serving yourself.
Anything that keeps a sniper rifle out of NTKB's hands is a great service to this country, and to humanity.

Hey keg, still interested but for the marines to even consider me I need 15 college credits. (marines seem to be real interested in what you did as a teen, even though im 25 now. Its sad.)I think they're interested in motivation. What's the big deal about taking one semester's worth of classes? Do they even care where the credits come from? (I'm thinking community college here)

NTKB
6th Mar 2004, 12:39 AM
Sweet jebus...
You know NTKB... only if stupid hurt.

I'm sorry, but didn't you say something about joining a branch where you wouldn't get shot at? yeah... thats not serving yourself.

So is the peace core, Eagle Scout, or FINISHING ****ING COLLEGE. Also just as a note, alot of nurses and medics don't become doctors, they become EMT and Nursing Assistance at best.

Yes, if you have decent technical skills that the military can use after service. Do you have any decent technical skills NTKB? If not you might want to look into prefecting this mantra, "do you want fries with that"

Hells yeah bitch I was a f**king nurse in the military!! I was all hardcore in the rear with the gear!! woooo!!

Shut your face fatboy I didnt ask for your opinion. But since you opened your hole ill reply.

No. I originally had wanted to join as a medic from family pressure. Then i decided I was gonna be Infantry like I wanted too. Now my mother and brother wont get off my balls so im gonna join as a medic.

I plan to finish college and get my RN.

I have an A+ certification and almost got my MCSE and CCNA but decided it wasnt for me. So yes I have technical skills. Be hostile to me ill be hostile to you. Idiot.

Mute :) Yeah I was thinking about specializing in sniper rifles since I am a very good marksman with a rifle in real life. Did alot of hunting when i lived with my father in honduras. but i dont think i could live with shooting someone who isnt shooting back at me...

I am gonna finish college. I am planning on getting my 15 credits. Done deal :)

Edit: just thought of another stupid ass thing fatcat said. Rear with the gear? medics are some of the most dangerous jobs in the military. It was the only compromise my family would make. Rear with the gear pffff. :rolleyes:

spm1138
6th Mar 2004, 05:21 AM
Good look Demo. Be sure and watch plenty of Airwolf between now and then. I expect being able to hum the theme tune would be a great help :D

ragingsamster
6th Mar 2004, 12:44 PM
Also, alot of those folks on the front line would not return home were it not for the medics and "rear eschelon" folk not much glory, but lots to be poud of! Good luck to the both of you and thank you for thinking of our country - even if you benefit, it is still a sacrifice appreciated by many.

ThunderChunky
7th Mar 2004, 12:18 AM
Oh dear. Phatcat finally snapped!

We definitely need a forum thread which is simply unadultered flames. Wll, perhaps not need, but I sure as hell would get a kick out of reading it.

TheShiningWizard
7th Mar 2004, 02:27 AM
Do a search for "jaunty NTKB", "jaunty ice", "NTKB ice" or just "jaunty".

Cold Killer
7th Mar 2004, 02:42 AM
Jaunty is an adjective, which means that it's used fairly frequently, so it'll be hard to find whatever you want us to look for.

NTKB
7th Mar 2004, 02:48 AM
Do a search for "jaunty NTKB", "jaunty ice", "NTKB ice" or just "jaunty".

Comebine "jaunty moron" and "jaunty ****" also and you get some good reads. Since those are his favorite words.

TheShiningWizard
7th Mar 2004, 02:55 AM

jaunty
7th Mar 2004, 04:13 AM
It's good to know that I don't even need to post in a thread to divert it into flames these days.

**** I'm good.

Hadmar
7th Mar 2004, 05:41 AM
:lol:

ecale3
7th Mar 2004, 05:46 AM
pie and attack helocopters

NTKB
7th Mar 2004, 02:08 PM
It's good to know that I don't even need to post in a thread to divert it into flames these days.

**** I'm good.

Yep youve built quite the legion of flaming ass holes. Whats next a raid on the main BUF forum? Or they wont take your **** there. Guess you gotta stay under the radar, where a small portion of the OT population tolerate you. Your quite the general. :rolleyes:

Rostam
7th Mar 2004, 02:25 PM
Stop hijacking threads with stupid hypocrite "I'm the victim" bull****.

NTKB
7th Mar 2004, 11:39 PM
This thread was hijacked the second phatass opened his peeper.

ecale3
8th Mar 2004, 12:05 AM
damn, double posted :P

ecale3
8th Mar 2004, 12:06 AM
Mute :) Yeah I was thinking about specializing in sniper rifles since I am a very good marksman with a rifle in real life. Did alot of hunting when i lived with my father in honduras. but i dont think i could live with shooting someone who isnt shooting back at me...

I might be a little naive, but if i am gonna fight, i am gonna do it the way that makes the most amount of people dead before anyone knows i am there.

Cold Killer
8th Mar 2004, 12:10 AM
Yeah, isn't the role of a sniper to spread panic amongst troops by picking off commanders and spreading disarray? That would certainly involve killing people without them shooting at you.

spm1138
8th Mar 2004, 02:14 AM
Actually Ecale, psychology is a real factor in selecting snipers.

A lot of people cannot pull the trigger for the very reason NTKB said.

It's one thing to fire at someone who presents a direct threat to you it's quite another to look at someone down a scope who doesn't even know you're there and calmly, methodically take the shot.

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 02:32 AM
Actually Ecale, psychology is a real factor in selecting snipers.

A lot of people cannot pull the trigger for the very reason NTKB said.

It's one thing to fire at someone who presents a direct threat to you it's quite another to look at someone down a scope who doesn't even know you're there and calmly, methodically take the shot.

My point exactly I could never live with that afterwards...

BobTheFearlessFish
8th Mar 2004, 05:18 AM
yay. now jaunty doesnt need to work.

you know how they keep cancelling flights from europe to the US because there are names of suspected terrorists on the flight lists. and the terrorists are sitting around drinking a few beers and saying. "thank god we dont need to blow ourselves up anymore", and "you know what would really **** up air travel: if we... if we.... BOOKED A FLIGHT!!".

well thats what jaunty has achieved. well done jaunty! your name is enough to cause disruption! :P

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 01:42 PM
yay. im a dumdass who sits around all day taking 2 hours to make a witty insulting post to try and piss people off because im a nerd who got my ass kicked by bullys in high school, so im gonna take it out over the net where no one can touch me!

Get a life "Fearless." Im not gonna sit around for 2 hours like you so ill just make it simple: Idiot.

BobTheFearlessFish
8th Mar 2004, 01:54 PM
you know what i am... a dumbass who can spell 'dumbass'. but i digress.

im not trying to piss anyone off. at least. my post may have been posted in a way that might piss some people off. but it is my genuine opinion that this fear of terrorism is, if not the only, then the major factor in the 'increase of terrorism'. people are absolutle terrified of the evil terrorists who cant be found. and thus. anything remotely suspicious causes major disruption. and more fear. which is essentially, the point of terrorism in the first place.

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 01:56 PM
you know what i am... a dumbass who can spell 'dumbass'. but i digress.

im not trying to piss anyone off. at least. my post may have been posted in a way that might piss some people off. but it is my genuine opinion that this fear of terrorism is, if not the only, then the major factor in the 'increase of terrorism'. people are absolutle terrified of the evil terrorists who cant be found. and thus. anything remotely suspicious causes major disruption and more fear. which is essentially, the point of terrorism in the first place.

All further replies here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=129130) please. Leave demos thread alone jerk.

BobTheFearlessFish
8th Mar 2004, 02:02 PM
i wont go to your thread. because:

a) i dont want to attack you. i have not tried to attack you in this thread. and im keeping it that way

b) it just got closed.

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 02:04 PM
i wont go to your thread. because:

a) i dont want to attack you. i have not tried to attack you in this thread. and im keeping it that way

b) it just got closed.

yeah I see someone in the IRC clan reported it to Beerbaron instantly. And along comes beerbaron running to close what i saw as a perfectly reasonable thread. In fact it should have been made a sticky.

.Nova.
8th Mar 2004, 02:07 PM
I have been grossly offended by the garbage that spills from NTKB's mouth, and I wish him to be banned. Good day.

DamienW
8th Mar 2004, 02:09 PM
yeah I see someone in the IRC clan reported it to Beerbaron instantly. And along comes beerbaron running to close what i saw as a perfectly reasonable thread. In fact it should have been made a sticky.

Stop lacking respect to Beerbaron. He is about the fairest mod i saw around here. When you got off RO, it was said loud and clear that you had not to partake in flame wars. It was your job to ignore attacks. That's what clever people do. You decided not to, breaking your promise. Then, you created a thread with the sole intent of being a flame thread - another rule broken. Break the rules, break your promises - get your threads locked.

(and before you go on about how i "hate you", i've more often than not defended you)

BobTheFearlessFish
8th Mar 2004, 02:09 PM
actually. i clicked the report to a moderator button. but by the time the next page had loaded the thread was closed. it would have happened sooner or later, the speed at which it did is merely a sign of how good the moderators are on this forum.

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 02:13 PM
ummm how did I offend beerbaron? There were no insults there. And Nova go back to IRC your vendetta is not veiled. Its quite obvious where you come from.

Edit: DamienW I never said i hated you. You out of all the people on this forum of flamers deserve the most respect from me. The only thing you ever said to me was you dont like me. You never truely insulted me or tried to get a rise outta me. I respect you for that and you can tell me you hate me any day ;)

If I could somehow change who i am I would model my self control after you. You dont need to defend me everyone here has there ways about them and the internet is not gonna change that.

DamienW
8th Mar 2004, 02:14 PM
And NTKB, for christ's sake, stop this "beerbaron is unfair and a tool of the IRC goons" crusade of yours. He's doing his job of moderator, and quite fairly at that. Othermods would have had you banned much sooner. He had patience. Don't be childish by breaking rules and then crying "i'm being opressed, i'm being opressed !!!". Be a man : you break the rules, you pay the price.

Edit : although you did not technically insult Berrbaron, you keep treating him like if he was a tool of what you call the "irc crowd", which he is not. You lack respect to him by not ackowledging the fact that he takes decisions on his own.

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 02:18 PM
And NTKB, for christ's sake, stop this "beerbaron is unfair and a tool of the IRC goons" crusade of yours. He's doing his job of moderator, and quite fairly at that. Othermods would have had you banned much sooner. He had patience. Don't be childish by breaking rules and then crying "i'm being opressed, i'm being opressed !!!". Be a man : you break the rules, you pay the price.

I never said I was being oppressed but two things:

A> why am I the only one who gets punished? If everyone involved in a flame war got punished regardless of who said what then they wouldnt occur. as long as one person feels they can get away with saying "less" it will continue to happen. Even lobbing a nugget of crap in a flame war should result in equal punishment. Then i guarentee you no one follows me to the path of the darkside (RO).

B> Why if someone gets ROed are they ROed from all forums? Thats ridiculous. RO from the forum of offense, but not other forums. That would seem more fair.

.Nova.
8th Mar 2004, 02:18 PM
And Nova go back to IRC your vendetta is not veiled. Its quite obvious where you come from.

I completely agree!

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 02:19 PM
I completely agree!

Good im glad. and so you dont fool anyone just look at what his avatar says:

HATE

.Nova.
8th Mar 2004, 02:21 PM
yeah? so?

DamienW
8th Mar 2004, 02:23 PM
B> Why if someone gets ROed are they ROed from all forums? Thats ridiculous. RO from the forum of offense, but not other forums. That would seem more fair.

I definitely agree on that, it was an issue when Doc_Edo was universally ignored for something done in BuF off-topic, hiding his relevant posts in INF development. Unfortunately, it can't be done due to software limitations. Which is why i strongly suggest you just forget INF off-topic and stay in the other forums, unless you want to see your hard work destroyed for the needs of a flame war (no matter who started it).

BobTheFearlessFish
8th Mar 2004, 02:23 PM
ntkb. this is how it looks from my angle...

we ban you. the flame wars go away. no need to ban everyone else. doesbt that sound a little more like dealing with the problem.

NTKB
8th Mar 2004, 02:27 PM
ntkb. this is how it looks from my angle...

we ban you. the flame wars go away. no need to ban everyone else. doesbt that sound a little more like dealing with the problem.

no. That is making the assumption that everyone here is only offended by me and agrees with you. Which is not the case. Ive had many people who are my friends on these boards tell me what a dick some people are and how right I am.

Damien you are right. But its hard for me to walk away. Not only am i puffed up with pride, I lose my temper very easy from a high androgen count and I dont deal with this in real life. Never have. Im gonna walk away from this one though... *NTKB OUT*

oogle
8th Mar 2004, 02:28 PM
You need some love sir.

*hugs nktb*

Go die for me now.

Hadmar
8th Mar 2004, 02:52 PM
I definitely agree on that, it was an issue when Doc_Edo was universally ignored for something done in BuF off-topic, hiding his relevant posts in INF development. Unfortunately, it can't be done due to software limitations. Which is why i strongly suggest you just forget INF off-topic and stay in the other forums, unless you want to see your hard work destroyed for the needs of a flame war (no matter who started it).
I think it can be done with the user groups of the forum software.

Cold Killer
8th Mar 2004, 06:46 PM
NTKB, I wish I had your stamina...

Keganator
8th Mar 2004, 10:28 PM
For everyone's sake, Cold Killer, I'm glad you don't.

I think it can be done with the user groups of the forum software.It can, but us moderators don't have any control over groups. To make it happen, the BuF admins would have to create another group among the hundreds that exist, specifically for NTKB. It's easier all around to just lay down an RO.

NTKB, I am saying to you right now, stop this. If nothing else, but for your own sake. If you feel someone has slighted you, do not respond at all. The posts you're making here do not defend your case, they make you look even worse, and give people even more backing for their opinions. We don't care if you've made maps in the past or like being active in helping out with your clan. Being an ass is being an ass no matter how much gravy you slop on top.

*closed*