Why Drunk Driving Is BAD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
*roll eyes* Given that she hasn't refused medical treatment, I'd say it's pretty clear she shares my opinion that being dead is infinitely worse than being alive, even with serious injuries.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
A waste.

I'd rather die, too. I already feel like **** sometimes because of some issues with injuries and some messed up DNA causing red-green colourblindness. The only reason I would have to stay alive would be to not hurt other people that would want me to live... Bah, such a waste.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
In my opinion, the penalty for driving under the influence of any mind-altering substance should be permanent loss of driving privileges without any chance of appeal whatsoever, plus community service time. In addition, the drunk driver and his passengers should be forced to pay all of the victim's medical expenses.

Last edited:

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Rostam, you have issues. :con:

SaraP said:
In my opinion, the penalty for driving under the influence of any mind-altering substance should be permanent loss of driving privileges without any chance of appeal whatsoever, plus community service time. In addition, the drunk driver and his passengers should be forced to pay all of the victim's medical expenses.
I doubt it'll help, if anything it will create more problems*. Just like the death penalty does. A typical conservative short sighted "solution".
*medical expenses after car accidents are paid for by insurance companies, right?

ps: id hit it.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
If that happened to me, I think that my life would be relatively unchanged. I'd still stay at home at my computer all day, I just might need a bit more help with the typing.

;)

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
There is even a video.

edit: I also heard from some buddies she is South American, not North American.

Last edited:

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
Spier said:
I doubt it'll help, if anything it will create more problems*. Just like the death penalty does. A typical conservative short sighted "solution".

:rolleyes: And you, in a typical liberal response, don't even bother explaining how reducing the number of drunk drivers on the streets will create more problems -- it just will, because it's a conservative idea and conservatives are always wrong.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
And this thread, as per typical INF forum protocol, is quickly turning into a stupid political spat. Congratulations.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
Hey, he started it. And I wouldn't have objected so angrily if he'd had the courtesy to actually support his opinion with facts and logic instead of simply saying "it's a stupid idea because it's conservative".

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
SaraP said:

Some drunk drivers become repeat offenders. These persons are alcoholics, they don't have a driver's license and they don't own very much. They lose nothing big by going for a spin when they feel like it, even if someone gets killed. Tens or even hundreds of arrests for drunk driving are not uncommon.

Imprisonment is the only thing that keeps them off the streets.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Hurrrrr if we punish everyone more nobody will do it anymore durrrrr!

Tell the wardens of the overcrowded prisons that this solution works, you twit.

Prevention is better than cure, but I personally think drink driving kicks ass. Anything that lowers the population of the planet in such an effective manner (It's a 2 for 1 deal, really) is a-ok with me.