email i sent to atari

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillow

Feb 27, 2004
Well, you uh... tried.

Where's your source that they took it down for good? And where's your spellchecker :D

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Well yea, any try is welcome but most likely to be ignored :(. Thanks for your effort PF Prophet!

APAUX

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
werd.

I, also, played tribes 1 and 2. The servers are still up too. 1998 - current. That's one long ass time for a server.

I know that I WON'T be buying 2k4. Most of the game styles, I don't like. Well maybe Assault is pretty nice, but other than that I don't like how it plays other wise.

ps. I can't wait for tribes: vengence to come out. yeah baby yeah!

Sillow

Feb 27, 2004
Who doesn't want T:V :D

It has the damned :V in its initials. That is wicked.

I dunno though, I might leave XMP for soldner since that's where my clan's heading. :D That and far cry. *loves far cry*

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
To:(removed
Subject: RE: LEGEND/XMP FEEDBACK
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:40:31 -0800

The master server is being moved.

-----Original Message-----
To: matt.frary@atari.com
Sent: 3/3/2004 10:27 PM
Subject: LEGEND/XMP FEEDBACK

I am sending this email in reguards to the taking down/removal of the
master server

I find this as a HUGE/MASSIVE slap in the face for every persion that
bought unreal2 even thouse that didnt/dont play xmp.

If this is how atari supports there games and costomers then i will
NEVER
buy another item that has anything to do with atari
that includes things like NWN(bought them all)

I love xmp i find it to be the best game i have for team play but
without
the master server the game isnt worth having

I and my gameing group support XMP and unreal2 fully 7 people in the
group bought unreal2 JUST for XMP becouse i bragged about it so much

I can understand that atari wants to sell alot of copys of ut2k4 and
thats
good but XMP isnt a real thret to utXXX becouse its NOT ut its a
team based game with a toatly difrent play style AND most xmp players
eather will buy ut2k4 AND play xmp or will not buy ut2k4 period (thanks
to
ut2k3)

I would like a responce on this to at least let me know what to tell my

game group they will follow my lead on this.
If i dont hear back i will simply tell them NOT to buy atari and we will

move to another game this isnt a thret just a fact
We once supported sierra till they dumped starsiege THEN tribes2
without
fully patching them but at least they keep up there master servers
(starsiege master server is still up and it was put up in 1998!!!)

Its not like it will caust ATARI alot to keep the server up or even
support xmp hell they could make an expantion that they could SELL for
xmp like CS for halflife i know that makes the pub ALOT of
$$$ considering that one can be downloaded FREE but menny want retail

well thanks for reading my poorly spelled email and its lack of proper
grammer

plz send at least a cursery responce thx

--

thats the responce i got so we will see

not just a try a statment of afact IF atari dosnt fix this asap i and menny i know will not be buying atari EVER agin

people wonder what drives people to warez menny times treatment like arati has showen to the xmp community is what dose it (that and being cheap/poor)

Last edited:

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
i would request that any others who are willing to take the 3-4 min and make an email do so and sent it to him to show there support for xmp

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Dude, it won't help, don't you think the big signature signup thingie would helped otherwise? I mean... didnt 1k sign for that thing? Single emails wont do much :( unless 10 000 of them were sent... mehehe.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
10k is possable.............;)

acctuly i just ment any who acctuly give a fuk and dont mind spending less then 5 min sending an email

read what he said "The master server is being moved." i think that means it should be back up but any extra email's could hurry it along

and the potition went away it dissapeared so who knows how menny signed it :(

if u read matt's posts it would rather hear from people via email then a potition but bouth where better and potition was ok (best if u emailed as well)

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
oh and let me state agin giving up and just not doing anything is not gonna help anybody if u like the game then take the less then 5 min and email

starsiege still has master servers becouse people bothered to read the eula and email sierra about how they felt and what the eula said

and agin starsiege/tribes are from 1998 u know thats fing old games that still have a loyal following
funny look at starsiege its an OLD mech game yet its still going dispice no support other then a master server from sierra
where as mechwarrior2/3/4 have come and gone yes people still play them but not menny really 3/4 arent doing grate funny though there bouth alot newer then starsiege yes ss has lost most of its players but still i can logon any time of the day and get a game with some of the old warhorces that have stuck around becouse its such a grate game
im hoping the ss mod for t:v revives ss but till that time and even after i will still play xmp more then any other game

Status
Not open for further replies.