Unreal Theatre

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

curio

Feb 19, 2004
I'm looking at the possibility of trying to perform live theatre using the UT Runtime. Essentially, I want to have remote actors, each with their own avatar, performing live for an audience (either with avatars or in spectator mode). A few questions come up, of course:

In order to do this, I would have to distribute the space (or I have neither actors nor an audience). It's certainly not a game, and no shooting would be involved in any of this. Would this be contrary to the agreement?

Has UT been used for performance before? Where/when?

I was also curious to find out if there was any plan to bring UT2004's voiceover capabilities to the runtime. This would allow for a more personable performance.

Is there any way to expand an avatar's list of gestures to include some which are seen in ordinary life (shrugs, handshakes, etc.)? Are there any avatars like this out there?

Any other thoughts or ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

curio

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
and no shooting
Games don't always have to include shooting. Tetris for example. But I think your project is within the EULA. Ask Epic if you want as well, as Vito would have more of an idea on this.

UT2004's voiceover capabilities to the runtime
If it isn't an Unreal engine function then it won't. It may have also just been built for UT2k4.

Is there any way to expand an avatar's list of gestures to include some which are seen in ordinary life (shrugs, handshakes, etc.)? Are there any avatars like this out there?
Of course there is, this is where UnrealScript will begin to take its role here.