PDA

View Full Version : UT2k3 model problem

Apoptoid
2nd Mar 2004, 09:02 AM
Hi everybody!
I could solve a lot of problems during modelling by searching this board. It is really a great help, thanks to all! But for my actual problem I couldn`t find any solution yet. Hopefuly someone can help me. I made a custom model with custom skeleton in Maya, exported to UnrealED, applied the sockets and linked up all my animations. Everything worked fine except when I shoot with the big guns, like rocket launcher or ALT-fire Flake. Although the weapon position is o.k. the bullets don`t come out of the weapon, but start near the head. It looks like a scaling problem, because I had the same thing with the shoulder coronas for the team colors. They appeared far above the model, but I could adjust this by the transition of the shoulder sockets. Is there a socket that defines the spawn point of the bullets? Maybe something like a flash-point? I also tried to resize the model in KAT, but without any effect. Has anybody an idea?

coolhead2100
4th Mar 2004, 08:52 PM
If im not mistaked the firing effects are spawned at a dummby bone that is found next to the hand bone. I think your are experiencing this with only a few weapons is because they use a different animation than the normal 'burst' animation sequence. Look for a different one and see if you can adjust something there.

Apoptoid
6th Mar 2004, 06:05 AM
Thanks for your tip, but I couldn`t solve the problem yet. As far as I know the spawning points for muzzle flash and bullets are defined by the weapons itself (bone_flash and bone_flash02). The default UT skeletons have no dummy bone near the weapon_bone. I tried to define some sockets like bone_flash, bone_tip etc. but without any effect. I attach a picture of my model while shooting, maybe its clearer then. As you can see, the weapon position and the muzzle flash (arrow) are positioned ok.

http://apoptoid.de/bilder/shoot.jpg

punk129
6th Mar 2004, 07:22 AM
the projectiles start position is set in the rocket launcher code, maybe take a look at this