Cant kill strange virus... Heeeeelp!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Now a another true of topic question to this reliable forum! :)

I'm newbie on PC (before only Mac user) and from time to time run I run into problems; perhaps u can help me.

It's about virus protection. I use the antivirus programme AVG and have got this message:
AVG Resident Shield

Virus
Trojan horse Dropper.ExeBundle.AC

is found in the file
C:\System Volyme Information\:restore{93D88DE2-82F3-4150-B8CB-BE62755B44E6}\RP40\A0003780.exe

To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows.

I have runned AVG and even other anti virus programmes as AvastAntivirus and F-Secure over and over again but they cant find this virus... How can I get rid of it? Have someone any ideas what this can be and how to remove it?

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
It looks like the file is stored in System Restore. I think you will need to turn off System Restore in order to delete it. XP (assuming that's what you use) backs up files to be able to restore the computer if anything goes wrong. Files stored in System Restore can't be deleted unless it's turned off.

Edit : Found this on the Symantec website.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Yes, I run XP. Is System Restore something that the user use manually or does the system do that automatically?

How do I turn it off? I try find it but please tell if u know anyway.

Thanks for all help.

Last edited:

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
That would be a perfect occation to use System restore. If you could get it to run, of course. I have no idea on how you would run it though. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you out :)

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
what I'm going to recommend is that you format and reinstall windows XP

Its not as hard as it sounds, and you will start with a fresh computer with no problems. Its hard diagnosing problems on the internet, but thats the solution that works for everything.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
DallasStarsRule said:
what I'm going to recommend is that you format and reinstall windows XP
For what problem? Do u mean for this virusproblem? Format the whole PC for a virus?

So far I unly use the PC for gaming and the Mac for serious work; so what could a Trojan really do? Steal my Inf-maps? Steal my Battlefiled1942 demo? ;) Anyway.. Do u think that virus is that hard to kill so I rather have to format the PC?

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
When your computer is being boot up, before the windows logo, press F8. Then boot windows up in safe mode.

I'm not sure about XP but in previous windows when you would boot up like this you could easily crush a virus running an antivirus program.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
From another source I have heard that my virusproblem can be a "false positive": The resident shield, that is a fast and non complicated programme, believe there is a virus but those more advanced programmes can see that it's NOT. What do you guys think about this?

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Always a possibility. If only one of them finds it and you have updated definitions, it could be a false positive.