What custom maps are out there?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Besides the CBP, anyway. I really wish more servers would run a few of these. Looking through my Maps folder, I have:

The "8arts" series. Ranges from decent to unplayable. A welcome break from the regulars, now if only the HUD supported 8 artis.
Aftermath: very nice looking, but it needs work. I made an improved version; since I can't find the author I hope he doesn't mind :)
Crusher: most people hate it, but I find the pure silliness involved is fun.
Face: Bases need some technical work, but overall not bad. Vehicles handle like a drunk sailor though. Seems to be the most popular custom map.
MechIII: Purge. Box map.
Minos: Urk. Wierd thing. Not sure if I like this or not.
Quietshrine: imo the best map out there, any server not running this is seriously missing out.
Rail: Somewhat incomplete, but it could be decent with some work.
Winterlowlands: never been fond of winter re-skins, but then again Garden is overplayed imo so at least it's somewhat better.
Xbreed: Sure, you can go under the map, but at least it's not HUGE like most maps.
Xenubatic: my graphics card may not like it but it's not that bad a map ;)

Is there anything else out there, and is there any chance of seeing more of these on servers?

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Even though I don't play anymore I had been working on a map, and I do plan on finishing it and pushing it out when it done, its not that original but it plays fairly well (I hope)

Its about the same length of garden and is baisicaly 2 forts on either side with a mountain range inbetween (for those that play 2k3 its kinda like lava giant but with less under ground play).

I am using 1 raptor, 1 jug, 1 harb per team to start with and 6 gens, and 2 deploys. 1 gen close to each base 1 gen on each far side horiz, and 4 close to the middle but with terrain barriers making it hard to move between them quickly.

The center mountain ridge works well for rangers and there are open parts of the map, but not to open. I have made it to force you to either side run the map for speed, or center run it for deploys/gens so its a trade off.

There is no "under the map" but there are tele's and some tunnels but they offer fast routes into open areas so its a gamble.

The bases are pretty simple. Basicaly a tower with the artis at top, and ample oportunities to kill the person getting up, but to counter that if you get up top you can bail out the window and go.

It needs allot of work and I am not the best mapper but when I get it done I will give it away and let the comunity change and fix it as they see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.