Mouse scroll doesnt work on 2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Mine works great, first time for a change.

Helps to know what Mousewares you're using if any, and what OS.

Mine works fine on Win2k, with Mousewares 9.76, Logitech Trackman Marble +.

DrahguneyeZ

Spirit of the Dragon
Jul 23, 2002
Canada
cynicdesign.cjb.net
HEY HEY!! i got it to work! for some reason the mouseware on the logitech cd didnt work. i went to the website and downloaded mouseware and it worked!!

yay for me. and a little help from you guys too :D actually most of the credit goes to you guys. thx!

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
for my new mx500, I had to set the scroll button to "middle button" from "universal scroll" to get it to work. It did not, however, affect scrolling at all, in any app. Now, to reacclimate myself to a mouse after being a trackball user for 5 years.... Man, this thing is -sensitive-

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
It's most likely a balance between what you have set at the system level and what's in-game. I haven't quite gotten used to it, but my scores -doubled- last night when I was playing with it for the first time. So, I guess my friends were right to make fun of me for using a trackball.

What are you guys using for a mousepad for these things? I have a glass desk, so the desktop itself won't work. I've had numerous suggestions....

Red[GummiBear]

Oct 18, 2002
PA
www.gummiclan.com
i had the same problem too, heres what i did:

For those of you using an MX500/700/510 Go into the Windows Control Panel's Mouse properties.

Click on the "Buttons" Tab
Highlight button 6 (Scroll Wheel). If your middle mouse button does NOT work in a game, more than likely this says "Universal Scroll"

Click "Modify"
Change it to "AutoScroll"
AND you also need to check the box for 'Use MS Office Compatatible Scroll Only'.
Then, click the checkbox that says blah blah (Works as middle button)

Reenter the game, and boom.. map your control of choice to the middle mouse.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Yeah, that's the typical problem with Logitech drivers and games. It actually affects almost all Logitech mice, not just those. (The Microsoft (Yuck!) drivers don't have this problem.)

Oh, and congratulations on your first post in over 16 months. :D

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
There was a big forum crash a while ago, and everything between March 2002 and June 2003 was lost, since March 2002 was the last time the forum was backed up. But now, BuF™ has a fancy new backup system which backs-up the forums more often to reduce losses to database corruption and the like. :)

dXII][Pa

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Jan 3, 2004
HuggyBear said:
What are you guys using for a mousepad for these things? I have a glass desk, so the desktop itself won't work. I've had numerous suggestions....

I use a Everglide Giganta pad. It's a big ugly plastic thingy but it works just fine when you get used to it.

http://www.everglide.de/en/shop/ind...als_liste=&tab_id=&detail=true&produkt_id=118

This works very well with my MX 300 mouse. I can't use a 500 model as I'm lefthanded and it's only comes in righthanded flavour. Bleeding annoying as it would be nice with some extra buttons on the mouse :mad:

Anyway, I like the everglide pads :D:

Red[GummiBear]

Oct 18, 2002
PA
www.gummiclan.com
Hyrulian Hero said:
There was a big forum crash a while ago, and everything between March 2002 and June 2003 was lost, since March 2002 was the last time the forum was backed up. But now, BuF™ has a fancy new backup system which backs-up the forums more often to reduce losses to database corruption and the like. :)

ah, that explains it then, thats about the time period when i WAS posting