Hey, look... a UT2004 cheater...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
Check out this Divx video of a cheater. Has anyone else run into this? UT2004 Cheater. Does this look like cheating to you? It sure does to me...

Notice the first few seconds a character (whom quickly suicides along with me) jumping around a blazing speed. This, to me, looks like a cheater. It doesn't help his case any by his broadcasting "who cares if I cheat" till well beyond the end of the video captured.

Last edited:

TyeFang

Ambassador
MeStinkBAD said:
Check out this Divx video of a cheater. Has anyone else run into this? UT2004 Cheater. Does this look like cheating to you? It sure does to me...

Notice the first few seconds a character (whom quickly suicides along with me) jumping around a blazing speed. This, to me, looks like a cheater. It doesn't help his case any by his broadcasting "who cares if I cheat" till well beyond the end of the video captured.

At first I thought perhaps the guy was using adren and somehow the speed effects weren't being displayed...but he's moving too fast even for that.

- Tye

Bonzo_Dog

Feb 20, 2004
MeStinkBAD said:

What media player/DVD/? do you need to see the demorec ? all I got was the sound track.
If it is the one i think it is I can explain how it is done ;)

Last edited:

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
Bonzo_Dog said:
What media player/DVD/? do you need to see the demorec ? all I got was the sound track.
If it is the one i think it is I can explain how it is done ;)

It's a DivX video. Download the codec at http://www.divx.com. There's a codec for each platform so anyone should be able to view the file.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The hack in question is an external program that speeds up how fast your game runs. The game sends twice as many packets to the server so you end up moving faster compared to everyone else, or something like that.

In case you haven't seen this from the other cheating threads on this forum:
UT2004 demo DOES NOT have any cheating protection beyond that of ut2003. DrSin did this on purpose. It would just give them more time before the full game comes out to hack it.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
TWD's right, this has been brought up a bunch. However, I don't see any harm in posting the known cheats, just so people know about them. Speed hacks, aimbots, skin hacks... Teh D3MO h4s been h4xor3d!! :mad: :tdown:

;)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Ever since ive heard the word aimbot, ive always wanted to see these smacktards in action. Well a few days ago not only did i spectate one of the [elf] idiots, but i found Zellious as well. I was amazed at how many people thought he was "good". Funny think was, zellious sucks at using his own aimbot, nearly as many deaths as he had frags. :lol:

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Yup, I had 3 lamers just last night on the euro and u.s servers using this.

Oh well, at least they are easy to spot and ban.

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
TWD said:
Just make everyone switch teams, take all the nodes, and spawn rape him.
With the majority of the players not even caring about balanced teams you expect that to work? There's always a bunch of idiots who won't switch because they like to be on the winning team (and with a botter you have a good chance that the winning team is yours).

mortus\pyro

Jan 8, 2004
Just out of curiosity. Is that video recorded with fraps or has the ingame demo recorder somehow started working?

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
i would like to say this:

when someone on the server says "i think someone is cheating" dont respond with "maybe they are just better than you"
often times, they are cheaters.

i saw a speed hack cheater on Planetrage CTF last night. as soon as i said something, some kid with the name Omnipotent (spelled like a kid with the upper/lower case characters alternating) replied with "why does everyone think that because a player is better than them they must be cheating".
great insight and response.
the guy was hacking, it was obvious.
need more active admins or known good players who are trusted by the admins to be able to boot/ban people.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Aimbotters deserve nothing less than castration.

I've seen more cheaters in the demo so far than I have the whole time playing UT2003.

DrSiN won't be up to the task (again), so expect the community to bail him out again. Also, I believe that the full game will have an in-built kick vote. You think that they'll keep coming when they get booted from the server for the map after 20 seconds? I doubt it.

In an ideal world, a clause should be addede to games' EULA, so if someone cheats, they violate their EULA. Stringing up an aimbotter would send a nice message. It won't happen, but like I said, in an ideal world...

zukeft

Oct 22, 2003
Bogotá, Colombia
Visit site
Cheaters ain't gonna deter me from playing the UT2k4 demo; what's reassuring is that the retail version will have updated code. I have a lot of faith in the game and I'm sure that Epic will respond if something goes haywire.