PDA

View Full Version : Avatar problems

jeeves
23rd Feb 2004, 05:51 AM
Hi,

Im having a problem that when i play my map my avatar is too small in comparison to the location i created. I would just like to know if there is any way in which the size of the avatar can be increased so it is taller. I have tried changing the position of the playerstart but that doesn't work, can someone help?

Thanks

oneirotekt
23rd Feb 2004, 09:09 AM
While it is possible, with some UnrealScript (coding) work, to make the player bigger, you're probably much better off sizing the level geometry down to scale. There's an easy way to do this: in UED select Tools > Scale Map and you'll have a few options for shrinking it down. Once you've made a few maps in UED you'll get a better feel for how big everything needs to be in relation to the player.

Vito
24th Feb 2004, 02:34 AM
Or you can use the example player scaling code on UDN:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Technical/PawnTricksAndTips

rodrigoelp
24th Feb 2004, 04:34 PM
There is a pretty easy way to setup the size of you avatar...

1st, select your avatar and go to properties.

2nd, go the the display tab, go to drawScale, and set it up to the size you need...

Easy, isn't?

I am doing this with the avatars of my "game" cuz i am making everything with maya and the UnrealEd, and the units are not even close... :S. So i don't like to use my 3d models so big that i can't see a thing. I just scale it to a bigger size and thats it ;)