PDA

View Full Version : Importing a gun to runtime???

mike01
22nd Feb 2004, 07:38 PM
Can someone explain to me how to import a gun into runtime? The picture below is as far as I got! Im kinda a newb to this.

Thanks, Mike :rolleyes:

Vito
22nd Feb 2004, 09:42 PM
That looks like UT2003's editor, not the Runtime's. There's no documentation on "My First Weapon" yet, so you'd be on your own at this point. Importing the model should function the same, but the weapon/firing/etc. code in the Runtime is different, and I don't know if the UDN models have weapon bones. You're pretty much on your own right now.

mike01
22nd Feb 2004, 11:51 PM
How do you do it in unreal 2003? Can you explain a basic way of doing it?

Vito
24th Feb 2004, 02:35 AM
No, try looking for UT2003 tutorials or forums.

ttl
12th Mar 2004, 11:39 AM
you could always use #exec MESH ATTACHNAME to create some weapon tags on the udn models.

A simple weapon should be fairly easy to make, it all depends on how you want to implement it. To see how they work on up the playercontrooler,controller,pawn & weapon classes. Of course you really dont even need to use the weapon classes, I quickly made a simple trace "weapon" just using an interaction as I was already doing something in the interaction and needed something that would take some damage.

afecelis
13th Mar 2004, 10:53 PM
If you need a gun why not just work with UT2k3? Your inttention of getting a gun into the runtime version doesn't fit its philosophy. For gaming stuff use the gaming package.